1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay short film idea- Rate it!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikeyk733, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Mikeyk733

25 year old is going through a breakup with his boyfriend. He goes into a gay chat and meets a guy who is 19. They hit it off real quick and even see each other a few times, hook up and everything; emotional attachment happens. Eventually down the road, it turns out that the guy is really 16, and his parents find out, and threaten to press charges against the 25 year old if he doesn't leave their son alone. 25 year old is still in love with the guy, and would do what he can to stay in touch with him, but the 16 year old refuses to return any contact, tells him he can't talk to him anymore.

Still figuring out an ending. A couple of ideas-
    25 year old nearly kills himself and is in the hospital. The 16 year old secretly visits him and they embrace, promising they'll find a way to stay together.

One of them ends up killing themselves, and the other is struggling to learn how to live with it.

Yea, it sounds cliche, but do you think something like this would work? Has it already been done?

2. Pain

Pain Guest

It sounds interesting, but goddamn depressing :frowning2: Does one really have to kill himself? And, if the 16 y/o refuses contact, why would he visit the 25 y/o in the hospital? And how would he find out at all? Remember when writing for things like this, EVERY line and action must have a motive and a cause and an effect.

3. Lewis

Not sure about the whole age difference, 16 and 25 is a little steep to me. I also agree with the above that it's a little depressing. I'd rather see something that shows we're no different from anyone else and can have happy relationships without any kind of tragedy occurring. Every short film I see regarding gay individuals are so ominous and it's like I'm waiting for someone to top themselves.

I'd rather just watch a short film with two gay guys sat on the sofa watching daytime television, living an average life. Although it's not dramatic, it shows that we can be exactly the same as a straight couple.

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why go for the depressing angle? And the age difference? Both of those send pretty negative messages (and the age difference thing a really problematic message). There's plenty of things to be depressed about, why not make a movie that's more positive (and prefereably not one that glorifies an illegal relationship or shows it in a positive light.)

5. ForceAndVerve

There are faaaaarrr to many depressing gay films, where someone gets killed/commits suicide or gets taken away or they get spilt up.

Can we have a happy ending please!!!! :grin:

Out of interest, were you planning on actually doing any filming or just pen a script?