1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scientology and Anonymous.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nerdtendo, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Nerdtendo

All right, I'm sure you know about Scientology, since the Tome Cruise video came out. And some of you know about Anonymous, as I did once have forms up explaining about them (if you dont, click this link to bring you up to speed: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4161 ).

Well, I've followed Anonymous very closely to see what they would do next, and you know what they go ahead and do? They start a war on Scientology on the internet. Now, personaly, I'm relived since they are gonna ease up on Furries for a bit, but I am a bit concerned at what might happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ

This is a link to a video an Anonymous made for Scintology. It's kinda scary in it's own right, to be honest.

Now, I'm not a Scientologist (I can bearly spell it!), but I am also anti-Anonymous. Two conflicting evils, one a brain-washing cult, and the other, an Internet hacker that sends death threats to your home and sends viruises to your computer (along with other things). ...I'll have to take watch on this war.

2. waitingsucks

I'm not a Scientologist myself, it is a pretty strange church and I am against a lot of it's practises that are based on it's beliefs, I still think that Anonymous will hardly achieve anything, ppl will still keep there beliefs whatever happened. Many people have continued their beliefs when it has been outlawed so a team of hackers Is not really going to achieve that much

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Then it's a shame Anonymous is more than a team of hackers.

4. InaRut

Oh come on! Does this topic really need to be brought up. This type of conversation can stick to the warped minds of /b/ on 4chan. In only a small way do I support /b/ and really only in respect that they can say or come up with some pretty funny things. But honestly there is no war, there is no revolution. This is a bunch of 13-40 year old men who about a good 10% actually posses any hacking skill what so ever.

I'm sorry to troll, but there really is no reason to fret over such a stupid stupid thing.
    I understand the whole /b/ and furry concept but honestly by creating threads like this your really just looking at a mouse from a magnifying glass.

5. Nerdtendo

Actualy, I know quite a few people who have been victems of the /B/4 Cruise Controle list, myself included, and they shouldnt be taken lightly. I post thease forms so people arnt caught in some mess not knowing whats going on.

6. TyraBanksIsFierce

Whos Annonymous? :/

7. Rette

People from any number of *chan imageboards. They don't have user registration, so they're all completely anonymous. Anonymous is responsible for some of the funniest and some of the absolute worst things on the internet. 90% of the "memes" come from anonymous (lolcats, for instance)

Anonymous has been referred to as hackers, but that's really inaccurate. There's really very little hacking done by anonymous.

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to see Anonymous vs Westboro Baptist Church. :grin:

9. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, listen up EC. In my darker days, I sought dealings with Anonymous on their various SEKRIT WEBSITEZ, such as 4chan, Encyclopedia Dramatica, and 7chan. (Whoops! Not so sekrit anymore!)

This... walrus:dry: is completely correct. There is no war. No revolution. Anonymous just a bunch of highly intelligent, very funny people, who really have no hacking skill whatsoever. They're basically script kiddies who take down websites "4 teh lulz".

Fox News has blown everything out of proportion, with their exploding yellow vans, and other shit... most of which has little or nothing to do with Anonymous.

I have actually found them to be hilarious, and their site "Encyclopedia Dramatica" is full of extremely funny jokes, and makes fun of everything. Some may find it offensive, but I personally think that when it comes to humor, we shouldn't discriminate. If it's okay to make fun of straight people, it's okay to make fun of gay people. If it's okay to make fun of Scientology, then making fun of Christianity should not be a big deal.

Cheers. :icon_bigg

10. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hell yeah!:lol:

11. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    And by the way, I fully support the destruction of Scientology. I never thought Anon would by so bold as to face them, but if I can, I might help. I have a few script kiddy skillz up my sleeve. (As long as nobody gets hurt.)

12. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [YOUTUBE]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=YnEqXMMCDEc[/YOUTUBE]

LMAO!

13. Nerdtendo

actualy, not 90% of the internet's memes are from the Chans. Most 'Chan memes' are actualy stolen from other sites and taken over as there own.

14. Rette

Granted, but the popularity of these memes (I really hate that term for some reason...) would never have seen more than niche popularity if not for the chans. Anyways, I know this whole post is kind of irrelevant, so I'll just stop now.

15. Level N Human

This.

Also, anonymous is just a bunch of fucktarded idiots, so if they are bugging you, don't let them get to you, and as long as you stay away from the *chans and don't give your info out I think you'll remain relatively safe. I would hardly consider them a force to be reckoned with.

16. JSG

JSG Guest

Obviously none of you know much about Anonymous...

17. 24601

I generally agree with all of this. Sometimes they take things a bit too far, but they're generally hilarious...

18. Ty

Ty Guest

It makes me laugh when people over exaggerate this lol.

Just stay away from 4chan?

19. InaRut

Agreed, and don't post about it because we don't want the unnessasry attention.

Do you really want, "DESU" threads?

20. Ty

Ty Guest

Yeah! I agree with Phil desu.