1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of you do yoga?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Sep 18, 2012.

1. sunnii

I've sort of been doing it for years since I was doing poses on the wiifit but I've only been going to classes for a couple of months now. I love it and I do think it's something I need in my life where not only is it a workout and is great for toning and building strength. It is so relaxing.

I go to a hatha class once a week but I kind of want to do somehing that will focus on my body but due to work and where I live I can't find a power yoga or vinyasa class. So I'll probably have to buy a DVD any suggestions

2. vyvance

Does Wii Fit yoga count?

3. sunnii

Well I dont think Im really in position to say yes or no. I think the Yoga (and the wii fit in general) is a great way to get in shape. It tones your body and I still use it regularly. I think it applies to the physical side of (hatha at least yoga very well but ther is more to yoga in a mental and relaxation aspect

4. ameliawesome

I've been studying and practicing yoga for about 4 years, and I will likely become certified to teach.

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I started doing yoga over the summer, and so far I've really enjoyed it. It is also ridiculously relaxing. I tried doing a basic routine the other day during a particularly bad bout of depression, and it was enough to lift me out of it for a couple hours, enough to get me to go to Quiz Bowl (though the effect did wear off about halfway through practice). I will definitely be continuing it.

6. HarleyQ

I've been doing yoga since the 6th grade (I am now 20 lol).
    I've done DVD work, class work, and solo practice.
    I've enjoyed all three. I like class work because I can get pointers and corrections if I need them and it's nice to talk to people who have similiar interests :slight_smile:
    But after about a year or two of classes, I switched to DVD and solo practice :slight_smile: The DVD's were good when I just wanted something guided. Now I just do my solo thing unless I have questions or feel like talking to some other people :slight_smile:
    I don't know if I was any help... You could always try youtube.com they might have something worth your time! Good luck!

7. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried it a couple times and it was terribly difficult for me haha. It made me more exhausted than the boot camp sessions I had right before it.

I played basketball for most of my life, but I was never a flexible person. All the twisty positions and balancing acts in yoga are too difficult for me. My favorite part was at the end where we got to just lie there and breathe :thumbsup: I had a friend with me one time, and she actually fell asleep during that time and started snoring :lol:

8. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Always wanted to try Bikram Hot Yoga but never got around to it. I use to live beside a Yoga place in Montreal, always just women from what I could tell. Might give it a go one day, I hear a lot of good things about it!