1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People who stay with/marry their first partners?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SriManayaDasan, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Just out of curiosity, what do you think of "first loves"? People who stay with or marry their first boyfriend or girlfriend?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its awesome finding the right one the first time, but I dont think it matters how long it takes you to find the right one as long as you are happy in the end.

3. xoybtm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's not impossible, but just way too rare...

4. Davo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so lucky to have found the one first time. My first boyfriend was the perfect for me, I was amazed by our instant connection. He'd been with people before me, but we both knew when we met each other that we had something special. We've been together for 3 years and getting married next year.

5. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me, that's how I wish it would happen. I'm the most loyal, faithful, and single-hearted person ever, so I hope that my first would be my last and only...if I'm ever lucky enough to find someone.

However, I am glad that staying with/marrying first partners is not usually the case. For the girl who I've been in love with forever, I would be devastated if she married her first boyfriend. They've been on and off for years, and he's the biggest jerk anyone's ever met. Even though I can't be with her myself, the last thing I'd want is for her to be with him.

In any case, I also think it's rare, but there are exceptions. For people who do it and it works out, all the power to them. I hope I can be one of those cases.

6. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think there's nothing wrong with it unless one or both of them are staying in the relationship because it's all they've known and they're too scared to be single again. I'm still with my first boyfriend (4 years later) and I plan to ask him to marry me as soon as it is legal for us to be married (we've already agreed that we want to get married, he just wants me to ask him to make it official), the number of people who have asked how I can be so certain when I have limited experience is quite significant. They seem to overlook the possibility that I may have had a lot of experiences with guys on which to form an opinion on what I was looking for in a partner, just because all that ever happened was a kiss or two (in some cases not even that, I didn't kiss the boy I learnt the most from as it happens) doesn't mean I didn't learn from them. Of course there was a fair amount of luck involved as well, I can't deny that.

7. Fiddledeedee

Ideally, that's how I would like things to work out for me. In practise, that's unlikely. I have no less respect for people with multiple relationships; whatever works for you.

8. timo

Some friends of mine just got out of their, let's say, 15th relationship and are still not happy. Others are in their first relationship and have been happy together for years. I know which one I'd choose.