1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enetered college GSA!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Noir, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Noir

Yaaaaay, I had my first college GSA meeting (though it's called OUTreach)!!!!!! It looks really friendly, and like it has (gasp!) actual gay girls in it, hopefully, instead of just the gay guys and their straight female friends like my high school's GSA. I'm glad quite a few of my closest new friends are there in addition to my roomie, though I kinda wish she weren't because I'm pretty sure she's not gay, which makes it awkward for me.

But it sounds really interesting, complete with dances and panels with speakers (including Alex Sanchez, famous for writing Rainbow Boys). I'm really looking forward to it--not even for finding a potential girlfriend, but for meeting more lesbians like me that I can actually see and not just believe as a campus myth! So far since I haven't met any official lesbians before I'd been assuming there are none, like my high school, so I was encouraged! Here's hoping all goes well, wish me luck! (!)

2. Good luck! I must say, I'm a bit jealous, because I have the opposite "problem" as you. In both my high school's GSA and my college's Pride Alliance, I was/am surrounded by girls of all orientations. It'd be nice to see more guys. I have never been to a meeting where there were more than two guys, including myself. I'm glad you found some people you can relate to, it's always a bonus. :slight_smile:

3. Gallatin

That's awesome! :slight_smile: