1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can money make or break a relationship for you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Is money important to me? yes I love money and expensive things but if I were in love money would mean Hardley anything as long as we were happy an healthy....

2. Gen

Gen

No, it means absolutely nothing to me. And I dont mean that in a backhanded "I'm not as shallow as other people are". However, I have been fortunate enough so that money wont be a real issue for me, and will most likely be much less of an issue in the future. So will him sitting up with the intention of just feeding off my success be an issue, yes. But if he was doing something that he loved, then his salary wouldnt get much of a thought.

3. Alexander69

LOL ya my family has money so at the moment im not worried but when I move out I will be on my own :0 so finding a guy with money would be really nice because I don't want a life style change but if I don't have money it's not the end of the world :grin:

4. Zontar

I'm in a good spot money-wise. I think I'd have to cut 'em off if they jeopardized that.

On my personal end, someone's level of money doesn't particularly make me attracted to them.

5. Alexander69

I guess I'm shallow :frowning2: because I like a guy with money :0 but If I was in love it wouldn't matter to me honestly :slight_smile:

6. FollowtheFreeman

Not at all. I couldn't care less they had nothing or everything to their name.

7. Gen

Gen

Well no, I wouldnt say you are shallow. More of drawn to the fantasy of being wisked away by an attractive wealthy guy. Many people have that dream. I dont think shallow is wanting any certain thing, rather turning others away because they lack it. Which you have said you wouldnt.

8. Alexander69

No I wouldnt turn someone away because of it it would be a life style change but that's fine with me I just want someone who loves me more than anything :slight_smile:

9. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

This is pretty much how I feel, too. I don't care if the other person has money, but I wouldn't want them to drain my bank account (without good reason, obviously -- if they got cancer after we'd been together for a while, I would help pay the bills).

10. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Honestly, yes. I'm totally happy on my own and if a guy isn't bringing something worthwhile to the table then what do I really need him for? Of course, other things matter too, a lot of things are way more important than money to me--like education, morality, compassion, and so on. I'd be willing to overlook a lot of otherwise major personality flaws if he was evergreen. But even that has a limit to it.

My family is relatively wealthy and I can tell you first-hand that it's really not fun to be the one expected to constantly bankroll everybody's good time, and it sucks to be taken advantage of like that. I don't care if he's rich, it'd be awesome if he was, but I can do without. If I met someone who I found attractive, smart, funny, compassionate and just generally awesome and he's middle-class, upper or lower, then I'd die happy. But if he's poor, he'd better be doing something genuinely worthwhile like digging wells or delousing orphans. I'd never date someone who planned to make a career out of Taco Bell or Burger King, you know? Call me shallow, but I don't want or need any hanger-ons.

#10 Kidd, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2012
  11. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think whether someone has money or not when you meet them is the defining factor in whether it will make an impact on the relationship and how it works - but rather how they handle money when they do get it. Sooner or later most people will land a job and start earning an income or otherwise earn money of their own, but if they can't control their spending, or they're drowning in debt and not doing anything about it, gambling or even spending your money for you (with or without your knowledge) - that can be a big problem for relationships. In fact, financial issues such as these are some of the most common things that couples fight about.

So I don't care how much my boyfriend/partner/etc. might make, I just care that he takes care of it and lives within his means. :slight_smile:

12. Alexander69

I agree so much with all of that I come from a wealthy family and Ive had friends gold dig me I've bought them clothes accessories you name it I always have to pay for dinner and I dont have a problem with that but when they know I'm paying and they choose the most expensive restaurants, that makes me mad I don't like being used and, and I mean I dont work yet I never have my parents have always bought me anything I wanted, I'm only 17 Im turning 18 and I want to get a job and then go in to real estate but I will have a good job and I want someone who also has a good job and makes money! :slight_smile:

13. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This x 2!

I don't think money should ever play a role in finding someone or in whether or not you are going on a date with someone.

And why are you paying for your friends? I can understand when you go out together to grab a bite to eat, and pay once or twice or you guys pay in turn, but the rest is beyond me.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. But it's not as simple as "the more money you have, the more I like you". As stated above, it's more about he deals with cash. I've been with both rich and poor guys, and been happy with both.

Lex

15. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Money means nothing to me when it comes to how I feel about someone else. Of course, I would want to have enough money myself so that I could provide for us both and have extra money so that I could buy my special someone things and spoil her from time to time, but I couldn't care less if she was rich or poor.

However, it would depend why this person is poor. If they never got an education and can't get a good job, then that would be a problem. But if she went to college, got her degree, and got an okay paying job but was not wealthy at all, that's just fine.

16. Tabb

It depends. If I was already in love with the guy, money would be no factor whatsoever. If the guy asked me out, I wasn't in love with him, and I knew we would struggle financially if we did go out, then it would never happen anyways.

17. dreamcatcher

^^ This is how I feel about money. I feel it's more about responsibility rather than how much money they have.

18. Alexander69

And why are you paying for your friends? I can understand when you go out together to grab a bite to eat, and pay once or twice or you guys pay in turn, but the rest is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

Because i am the one with money LOL

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Money can't make a relationship for me, but it can break one. I won't merry someone for riches, but I won't join someone in poverty.

20. Alexander69

That's such a good saying wow I love that!!!!!! @pret Allez