1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it possible for a guy to lie about there sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rockgodgx, Sep 22, 2012.

1. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    a guy i like says hes straight but still among the students there he keeps picking on me like well for me hes a jerk now! but idk.... either he likes me or he makes fun of me cos i like him or he does that cos im weak and have a crush on him cos of that

2. BudderMC

So, what does him picking on you have to do with him being gay or straight?

But yes, it's very much possible for a guy to lie about his sexuality.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Ugh, I'm really getting sick of this idea that teasing someone is a way of saying you like them. Our ideas about relationships would be a lot healthier if we didn't that to teach our kids.

Is it possible for a guy to lie about his sexuality? Sure it is. Most of us have done it at some point. Many of us still do. But I think the issue here is whether this guy you like is straight. From your description, I see two possibilities. One, he's a straight jerk who's picking on someone he perceives as weak. Two, he's projecting his rejection of his own sexuality on to you, in which case he's so far in the closet that he's not worth it.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, I don't understand. Can you rewrite the post so I can get a sense of what you're talking about?

And yes, it's possibly to lie about your sexuality. It's what many of us have spent fair junks or our lives doing.

5. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the thing is i liked him when i first met him i opened up i'm gay to him and ever since i opened up strange things happened like him .... carrying me randomly and giving me his keys, then forcing me to drive hes car cos i told him idk how to drive i met him for only like one month which i don't really talk to him and he does crazy shit to me mostly compared to the other people in class

and recently i opened up bout my feelings to him thinking he'll avoid me but i was wrong it got worse... he keeps making fun of me more and worse... he's like doing shit to me on purpose and i think he gotten more rude!!!

i asked him bout it before like is he making fun of me behind my back cos he knew i liked him he told me no cos hes been in my situation before!... and hes straight but he's not uncomfortable....

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, he sounds kind of confusing and like a douche bag. If he's being rude, he has to stop, period. I don't read from your post that there's much potential in a relationship between you to. But since you were courageous enough to tell him you were interested, and he's supposedly comfortable but not interested, he needs to go back to being a decent person.

7. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yea well cos for me im avoiding him cos i know it's awkward but when i saw him start being crazy and he's bugging me. a lot again... during the first day i dont know what he's deal was but he offered me a ride during the first day which was weird,

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this the same guy to whom you said it's over and had/have feelings for? Or is this another guy? :confused:

But in short yes, people can lie about the sexuality, in particular if they are not comfortable with it or have a hard time accepting it themselves.

9. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes but now i think he's bullying me cos picking on me bad now. now that he knows!!!

10. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell him to stop being a douche bag (to use Pret Allez words), and to leave you in peace. If you want, you could add: "at least I'm comfortable with who I am," and just leave it at that, and walk in the other direction. If he says something to you, or approaches you, don't engage. Ignore him.

11. Yes. Sometimes, they even lie to themselves because they don't want to come to terms with their own sexuality. It's scary for some because of the people around them or certain hopes that they might have had (a family, society treating them as "normal" etc.)

12. Alexander69

Yes a guy can lie about their sexuality, I know I did and probably most other gay men at one point. You can tell someone you are straight but when it comes to sex I don't think it is possible to fake then, and this guy to me sounds like a jerk and I don't think he is into you, I don't get why he is nice to you some times like about giving you a ride and then being mean? Is he like this to other people or just you? What about him did you like we're you more infatuated with him like did you like him for his looks or his personality and looks? So like was he like this before you came out to him?

13. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    before i came out to him that i like him.... no.... i liked him for his looks and probably personality before.i dont know either.... he acts diff with me compared to the others

14. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know from a fact he might be trying to get my attention buti don't want your effing attention

15. Lewis

Yes. I'm lying about mine as we speak! I guess I'm not lying...but people assume I'm straight.

16. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why would you want to be in a relationship with someone who treats you that way? Even if it turns out he has Helga Pataki syndrome, do you really find that attractive?

Don't let your hormones send you down a dark path.

17. rockgodgx

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

i liked him before.... but now i don't cos he turned out to be a jerk! :dry:

18. Mirko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you look at these two quotes and what you have written, those are a couple of things you can tell him. For example you could say: "I liked you, but I don't anymore because of the way you behave. Please leave me alone" and leave it at that.

All you need to do is talk to him. Don't over think it though. Just do it. :slight_smile: