1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a right time to loose my virginity?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Im still a virgin and was wondering if there is a rigt time to lose it and if so how will I know? Should I just lose it with anyone?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The right time to have your first sexual experience is when you want to. The phrase "to lose one's virginity" is stupid and needs to die in a fire.

3. Alexander69

I just feel like I'm the only person who hasnt lost it

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I definitely want to wait until I'm 18, at oldest. And I don't mean for sex, I include masturbational orgasms in that too. I want my first orgasm to be with someone else.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't have my first experience until a month ago. It's not like you lose points in life not having sex in high school.

6. Alexander69

Good for you :grin: it's not like I don't want to I've never dated before I never let my self having to be so committed :O I mean of course I will date soon but I like to do things on my scedual and guys my age are usually poor and I like expensive things so they couldnt buy me anything nice and that is a turn off for me :0 I'm not shallow just my feelings

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

I'm not in high school I graduated early :grin:

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense, but bullshit to the "not shallow" part. What you said above is the very definition of shallow.

Having a boyfriend -- at least in healthy relationships -- is not about people buying you things, inexpensive or expensive. If you're going to take that approach, you might find someone who will buy you stuff, but you'll be miserable your entire life, because your focus will be in the wrong place.

Additionally, anybody who would date someone who says "I want someone who will buy me nice, expensive things" isn't emotionally healthy. So anyone you manage to find that's stupid enough to go out with someone who only cares how attractive they are and how much money they have... is not going to be someone remotely healthy emotionally, which means the relationship won't be healthy.

Instead of worrying about losing your virginity, I'd put your effort into dealing with your issues. They're solvable, but only if you're willing to acknowledge there's an issue and work on the problems.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you.

9. Alexander69

Omg how can you say that about me I don't have a problem chip why are you being so mean to me :frowning2: that really hurt me I'm not shallow I'm logical!

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, you're not shallow at all. Just look at your signature... "Don't judge me on my good looks or my clothes"... that isn't shallow or conceited, or arrogant, or boastful at all. :slight_smile:
    (Note, just in case it isn't obvious, that the above is sarcasm.)

And... I'm not being mean. I'm saying stuff that's intended to be truthful and helpful. You DO have a problem, a very serious one. And the EC community is here to help people like you that have issues like this. But nobody can help you if you won't acknowledge there's a problem.

11. Alexander69

:O omg as if I wasn't upset and emotional enough from that message now I see this well doesn't this make me feel great.... I can't believe this.... I don't have a problem how can you look at that and say that?! I'm not mentally ill I don't have a problem. People like me like what? people who try to be confedint then get pushed down by big people like you. You say you want to help give advice but all I get is like literary abuse from you. Why can't you be a little bit nicer to me! Seriously! I get it you don't like me and don't deny that, but of you really want to "help" me then try being a little bit nicer! I'm 17 half of these big words I barley undersatnd your like talking to a tree stump with that, try being less complex if possible and stop coming off so strong! That's my advice but please do reply to that message I sent you if you really want to help read that and then maybe you will understand me a little bit more and I won't see mean comments like this thank you.

12. Laevigatae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So you're saying that logic, in your vocabulary, means "to force one's boyfriend into buying expensive things?" :rolle:

As for the original topic, no, there isn't a "right time" to lose one's virginity. I'm still virgin; I'm almost 19; I'm waiting for the right person, and it doesn't seem like I'm "losing it" any time soon.

13. Alexander69

Sorry for that reply chip I was just angry at that moment thank you for the message I will deffinty be talkin to you thanks so much

14. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're only 17!! You don't need to worry. I lost mine when I was 19. You're definitely not the only one, and there are people well into their 20s who haven't. Don't just dive into it with anyone, wait until you're ready. (I'm a hypocrite lol, I lost mine in a one night stand, but tbh I felt beyond ready by then so it was fine)

15. Zontar

I got to an embarrassingly late age before starting my sex life. Note that I don't say "lost my virginity" because, when adding gays to the picture, people just make up the definition of that as they go along, and not everyone does anal or scissoring.

I know of an infamous Internet cretin who made a big stink about their virginity for years, before giving up and buying a hooker to get rid of it. Soulless, lifeless, cold sex. I also have heard of people older than him having warm, fulfilling, loving first times. This is not a race.

16. Jared

It's not a race. I'm almost 19 and still a virgin and will likely remain one for the foreseeable future. I know a lot of people who lost their virginity early and regret it, not emotional ready and some got pregnant. There is no right time to lose it, and I personally wouldn't have sex with someone I didn't know extremely well, I worry a lot about STDs. But everyone is different, so what is good for me may not be good for you.

17. jsmurf

I just turned 24 and still a virgin. Had I been more proactive and open with myself, I'd have lost it back in college.. regrets regrets lol.

---------- Post added 23rd Sep 2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

As do I. The closest ive ever come to sex was doing 20 seconds of oral on a guy i barely knew (big mistake, but thank god im in the clear on std's) a few months back. Anyone who read my post about it back then can attest to how freaking scared i was about catching an std.

#17 jsmurf, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  18. BudderMC

The thing is, around here, we promote honesty in nearly everything. We don't like members being dishonest about their stories (not that you are, btw) and consequently we don't like being dishonest when we're helping other people. Advice is only as good as how honest the information presented is. And sometimes, yeah, it hurts to hear it. We're not going out of our way to be "mean" to you (though I can see why someone might take offense), but sugarcoating things isn't going to help in the long run.

Back on topic. Like others have said, there's no "right" time to lose your virginity. I'm sure being somewhere along 16+ is probably a good time to wait until, so that you can be mature enough to understand the ramifications of your decisions, but beyond that, you do it whenever it feels right. I think it's much more important to wait to have sex with someone you care about rather than doing it for the sake of losing your virginity.

And I'm older than you and still haven't lost my virginity, so you're not the only one.

19. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    21 and I'm still holding on to my virginity.

Are you not aware that you can become a full fledged wizard if refuse to relinquish your virginity by the age of 30?

20. Answers will differ but only when YOU are ready!