1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grr!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rmf, Sep 24, 2012.

1. rmf

rmf Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying to find friends online for quite sometime now... I've posted a few times on here and a few other forums... The thing is, I'm engaged so I'm not looking for hook ups, to swap pics or anything like that, I'm only looking for friends to chat with. Everytime someone says they are cool with chatting they always seem to turn it to sex and ask for pics or to cam and then the convo ends... For example, I was chatting with a local guy, (he was about 45 min from me), we were going to meet up for coffee and chat, we had a ton in common and things were going well, I was excited to have someone besides my guy to talk to and I was looking forward to hanging out... he then decided he wanted to distroy the friendship by deciding the only way he would hangout with me is if we messed around, here's the messed up part... the guy has been in a relationship for seven years and is engaged... yet he wanted to sleep with me... We finally stopped talking today for good... It's been bugging me for two days now, I was really looking forward to his friendship and now it's gone. My guy met a local guy on a fourm he uses and they are meeting for the first time in a few days for dinner, and I was suppose to do the same with the guy I was chatting with and now I just feel left out... any suggestions?

2. Ljssussex

Happy to chat anytime..

I am not here looking for sex I am here to get support as I come out as 40 year old man.. not easy! I recognise that the only way I will ever find a lasting relationship will be over time and probably through friends introducing me to a like minded man.. My quest is for friends at this stage in my journey..

Happy to be there for you as somebody to listen to you, offer advice as an older man, but probably that is where my expertise would end, so not really able to comment on the problem you are having at the moment.

Good luck though! I am sure there is somebody here on EC who will be able to help, just join in and they will come...

3. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guess you had a shit load of explaining to do! Glad you did it - must have heavy testes.

Ljssussex - I find that as well, the internet scene for gay men is so heavily revolved around sex although Ec and another forum I use are really good for just chatting to people. I think it is just a trial and error thing, unfortunately as you say there are a lot people out there who just want to hook up. I hope you find someone to chat to - there are loads of people here who seem pretty genuine.:thumbsup:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey im not a gay male but im always here to chat. I dont think you will find many people on EC who are only here for hookups because thats not what this place is about. They may not live near you so they may not turn into real life friends who you can go and hang out with but they can be very valuable.

5. Lewis

I'm happy to chat too, nobody is here for hookups (as silverhalo stated). I can come across as flirty sometimes though, but that's just me.

6. HarleyQ

^^^This^^^ exactly :slight_smile:
    Not a male, but I'm chatty and friendly. Also... not looking for a hookup :slight_smile: lol
    I've found people who really just want to be friends here :slight_smile: No weird hookup convos yet :slight_smile:

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I know what you mean.

It seems like the only internet-based options for meeting other gay people fall into one of two categories: hook-up sites/apps filled with all sorts of obnoxious characters who are just all about meeting for sex; and places like this where everyone is nice and friendly and we can talk about real issues, but there is no real mechanism in place for meeting up or becoming real-life friends. Internet friends can be great, but it still can get rather lonesome trapped in a room on a computer.

I wish there was a sort of site/app for meeting decent people to make friends (or even for forming genuine romantic relationships) rather than just for sex hook-ups.

I mean, the sort of gay/bi guys I've met here on EC are completely different from the sort of shallow, vain, sex-obsessed creeps I meet on apps or websites.

8. rmf

rmf Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If any of you are up for chatting send me a PM! :slight_smile: