1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Car Wreck

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lostinthought9, Jan 30, 2008.

1. lostinthought9

so yea....i got into my first accident last night....i was at fault....but nobody got hurt, i just got a bruise on my hand....

this is my story:
    i just got off work from mcdonald's and i was making a left turn, and i looked to the right and i saw cars, but i knew i could make it, and i looked to the left, and i didnt see any cars near, until i pulled out and got smacked by an suv, it wasnt a super hard impact....for some reason when i looked to the left, i didnt see him, i dunno how i missed that stupid vehicle....but yea....both of my airbags deployed :confused: which is wierd cuz he hit my on my side by the front driver's tire, not head on, but it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me...i didnt get a ticket thought, cuz my mom knew the police officer or w/e. the worst part is that they think my car is totaled (i guess thats how u spell it) :tears: i cried for most of the night last nite, because the car that i had was given to me by my late grandmother, who left it to me in her will...and i LOVED that car...and it was NOT a granny car btw...and my insurance now is gonna increase like crazy, and those other people are probably gonna sue (spelling?) me, or my insurance or w/e...sorry for this post to be kinda long....i just thought i'd share that with everyone...

2. wickedboi

esh...well at least you didnt get hurt.Sorry bout your car tho...but hey, think of it this way, your Granny was looking over you :slight_smile:

3. biisme

oooo...well at least you're alright!! i'm sorry that you lost the car, but it's a lot better than losing your life...

perhaps it's not really totaled...

4. lostinthought9

im pretty sure it is totaled, even if it isnt, the cost of damages probably exceeds the value of the car....cuz i need a new headlight, fender, windshield, axis, radiator, and other tire stuff...cuz the wheel fell of when they were unloading it....so yea...and i've also heard that when the airbags deploy, that they classify the vehicle as totaled....so yea...

5. panda

What a drag.Glad you're OK.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The most important thing is that you are okay and I'm sure you Grandma would totally agree with me! :slight_smile: Cars can be replaced. People can't. (*hug*)

7. Hydrogen

The only thing that matters is that you, and everyone involved are ok.

Now, have you gone to the doctor yet? If not do. No matter how "good" you feel, go to the doctor and get checked out. I have investigated too many crashes, where the person was fine, and then 2 weeks later is in the hospital because xyz was damaged, ripped, bruised, etc internally or some type of back/spine problem they did not feel, or know about until it got worse.

If you have insurance, your good to go. Don't worry about they other person sueing you, more then likely they were saying things they did not mean... They were probably a little mad that you accidentally pulled out in front of them, and said things they don't mean.

Do not immediately agree to anything the insurance sends your way, have a lawyer look over if first. They will try to get away with some sneaky things.

Once you have the local accident report, make sure to file an accident report with the state.
    The form is called the "Louisiana State Highway Safety Database Entry Form" and should be included with the police report. This form is for statistics, and will not be included in your driving record.
    *This info was obtained from a friend of mine in LA., she said if you have any questions she will talk to you, just PM me.

We all make mistakes while driving, don't waste time feeling bad about them.

8. CrimsonThunder

Of all people I'd expect you to not call it an accident Hydrogen, its a collision. *watched Hot Fuzz* :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope everything works out well for ya, hope u got insurance!

9. 24601

It could have been a lot worse, but I'm sorry none the less.

10. Cheech90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    wow that sucks. I'm sorry. I got in a car accident (my first also) on Monday aftertoon. I was leaving school cuz I don't have a 6th period and I was driving down the parking lot when another kid who didn't have a 6th backed out and hit the side of my car. The bumber got ripped off his car and my car got dented to wehre I can't open my driver's door anymore and my car got scraped from the drivers door all the way to the passengers door. So one part needs to be replaced and both doors need to be buffed out and re-painted (the replaced part needs to be painted too). Gonna be mucho dinero cuz my car is an 06. The worst part is that he called my insurance company and told them I rear ended him >.>. Now an investigator has to come out and talk to to both of us and my friend who was in the car with me cuz we claimed it as eachothers fault (obviously it was his) so my car won't be getting fixed for over a month and it sucks cuz I have to climb through the passengers side to get into my car >.>. Woo, long lol.:bang:

11. Sam

Sam

I'm glad you're ok. You are way more important than a car! I would still suggest that you go to a dr. though.

12. Hydrogen

Educated guess that you did not report the wreck or get get an accident report?

That could come back to bite you.. I will research CA's regulations and PM you.

Edit: CA requires an SR-1 to be filled out and submitted to the DMV within 10 days. Failure to do so can result in your license being suspended.
    (If the insurance company was contacted, they will try to pull and SR-1 for you, basically notifying the state they should have one from you and if they don't to get one. So expect a little postcard in the mail from the DMV.)

The SR-1 is also required regardless of whether the accident occurred on private property or was caused by someone else.

In addition, In a more serious accident, the accident must be reported to the police or the California Highway Patrol within 24 hours.

#12 Hydrogen, Jan 30, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  13. Cheech90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Ya we didn't car the police because the Administrator that came down the the incident told us not to. :bang:

14. Grof142007

glad ur ok def go with hy advice

15. Hydrogen

Because you are a minor, you can hold that against him. Call the police department that handles the area your school is in, and tell them what happened. They will then determine if you need a report from them. If they make a stink over it, ask the school board for a report, as they are required to write up any on-site property damage. However, either way you must file and SR-1.

Best of luck.

16. lostinthought9

wow---sorry to hear that---dont worry i know what you're going through, and it seems like it wasnt your fault, so i wouldnt be too worried...good luck though

17. lostinthought9

UPDATE: The body shop reported today that my car is totaled.:tears:

which sux cuz now i dont have a ride to school, or work...but^^thanks for everyone's concern/support