1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its not our whole life, but its a huge part of it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kylegf2011, Sep 25, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The other day I was thinking, yea Im gay, but its only a part of me, its not like everything. Still I am thinking about boys alot, it´s like thing I think most throughput the day. And that doesn´t mean I don´t do other things, but yea, I think about boys an awful lot. I kind of felt wrong about this, I started feeling like a perv or obsessed or something.

But then I started realizing the conversations I have with my friends. They´re always, ALWAYS talking about girls, and how hot they are, and even when we´re talking about something else, girls always come up sooner or later, I see that all my straight friends think about... is GIRLS! So knoticing this I kind of feel less bad for thinking about guys all the time :grin: I mean, the only difference between me and my straight friends, is that I´m not always talking about it, because I don´t have anyone to talk to about it :eusa_doh: But yea that is what I discovered lol :lol:

what do you guys think about this?

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well yeah, I too find myself thinking about boys quite a bit:icon_redf....and yes, who we are attracted to and fall in love with is a big part of who we are. Relationships are a major part of anyone's life, regardless of sexuality (well, unless they're completely asexual/aromantic, I suppose). And I know how you feel, I too feel like I have to keep everything bottled up about my thoughts, because there is no one to express myself to except homophobes who will judge me negatively for doing so.

It's a double standard our heterosexist society has. Relationships and 'the opposite sex' are considered normal every day topics for discussion among heterosexuals. If a guy is among a group of guys and says he finds a girl attractive, that's just ordinary talk that nobody will think twice about. But if a guy says he finds a guy attractive, suddenly he is sex-obsessed, giving out too much information, defining himself by his sexuality, etc., etc.

For me it's even worse when there are girls around talking about how cute some guy is, and I have to work extra hard to keep my mouth shut. :confused:

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I encounter the same situation quite often to.
    People know I'm not straight yet they only ask me if I met a cute girl or what kind of girl I'm looking for. In general I don't get the feeling I could talk to them about same-sex attraction since they don't get it and hence are not interested in it.

4. prism

I think about that a lot too. Gay or straight, I think it depends on the person. I'm a lesbian, but I've never been girl-crazy. I am very career oriented and focused on other aspects of my life. Being in a relationship just isn't important to me right now.

That being said, I hate the idea of coming out to my friends and having them treat me differently because of my sexual orientation. I don't want guys to assume that I'm not as invested in our friendships, or girls to think that I'm looking for anything more than friendship.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, being gay kind of is my whole life in a way since it ties into so much of everyday life regarding many different things. I think the same is for straight people, except for them, everything they feel and do is "normal" and never given a second thought. I don't know, it's hard to explain..

6. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah, its all sex this sexy time that!!

I know sex is an ammaazing thing ( Not that I tried it ) but there's more important things in life, but then again if I tried it I'd probably join the mass :lol:

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I totally see this!! Excellent point.

8. dreamcatcher

I completely agree with you. I noticed this too not too long ago. Straight girls talk about guys all the time!! And viceversa. It's really annoying. And you're right it is a huge part of our lives. Our relationships with others (friends, family, etc) are an essential part of our lives and that includes boyfriends/girlfriends and people we are attracted to.

9. redstormrising

i don't really feel like being gay is an especially huge part of my life. well, i am more attuned to gay rights, of course, but i don't feel much difference in my day-to-day life as compared to before i realized i was gay. i guess i am pretty fortunate that i am in an environment where i can talk about my girlfriend and it's viewed no differently than when my male colleagues/friends talk about their wives/girlfriends or my female colleagues/friends talk about their husbands/boyfriends

10. needshelp

i hear you. it's like they can basically talk about being straight from the opposite sex or whoever BUT yet a gay person has to curb their behavior towards these same people flaunting around their straightness. they can't accept me for who i am where i have to hide it or risk the consequences behind that but yet i'm supposed to tolerant them.

11. Peanuts

I agree, and I hate that it so often puts you into an awkward situation. You can't speak up or you're flaunting it and defining yourself by it, but so many straight people tend to move the topic towards relationships and of course, sexuality plays a big role there. I wish people just didn't talk about relationships so much, period.

12. Cascade

I think it's strange that in my group of friends, no one ever talks about who they find attractive. Ever. The topic just never comes up which is incredibly contradictory to everyone else or so it seems. Thus my sexuality really doesn't have seem to be an enormous part of my life because what everyone finds attractive is never discussed.