1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I got a job and...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nicknikko, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Nicknikko

...I love it. As some of you guys know, I've been looking for a job since August last year. I was hired almost 2 weeks ago now. I'm working in this Italian Restaurant, which is very popular around here. The food is amazing, and I loveee my managers.
    So I'm a host/waiter/and everything else that they need. I love it working there. It is alwasy so busy thought is NEVER empty.

**so here's the funny story**
    My third day working there was so busy that I had to be a server that day. It was FULL of people etc.. and I got this table in which there was this guy. He was probably in his early 20's he looked young but yet mature at the same time. He was GORGEOUS. His eyes, face... etc.. he was very very attractive, and had a really deep voice. So I was like "hey, i'm nick i'll be your sever tonight" and since then i felt so so so uncomfortable... first he was gorgeous. second i didn't like the way he was looking at me. I thought he was like checking me out or something idk. I really felt uncomfortable. So he ordered his food, and he was like trying to make a small talk and stuff. I really was avoiding it, because i felt so uncomfortable but i knew that i really shouldn't be doing that since that was my job. So he kept flirting and stuff. When he left, I felt so relieved. So I went to the table and picked up the receipt and I was walking toward the reception or whatever... and when i open the thingy there was a note that said... "I really liked your accent" and it was like folded. I was kind of mad at that time because he hadn't left a tip at all.. so i was like RAWR... but then i unfoulded the note and there was a 50 DOLLAR TIP ! I was like omg!
    haha I was sooo happy :grin: but at the same time kind of freaked out about it. What if he was a stalker .. lmao

well 3 days later my co-workers told me that he had came by and just had ordered a coffee. I was in my break so i didn't see him. So idk... he hasn't came back since then... but idk haha
    my bf has no idea bout this because he's kind of the jealous type so i much rather him not knowing .. but anyways...I just don't wanna get in anykind of trouble.. haha

but ya besides that i enjoyed that tip haha i have spent it all hehehe

:]

anyways I LOVEEEE working! is so much fun... plus i am getting paid! haha
    :icon_wink

ttyl
    Nico

PS: that's also one of the reasons why i've havent been here as often as i used to... now i'm like super super busy! hehe

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well...congratulations, I suppose. At least you do something you enjoy, and it comes with the occasional $50 tip!

3. Nicknikko

haha i know
    the funny thing was that his food didn't cost half of what he gave me as a tip hehe

4. Brett

wow, LUCKY!!!
    But my bf wouldd've killed me if I flirted w/ a cute guy......
    But anywho, wow a $50 tip! That's pretty amazing

5. CrimsonThunder

Or maybe he was just a nice guy. Not everyone is gay.

6. Brett

But that wouldn't be any fun.....

7. Nicknikko

idk... i'm sure he was gay... or atleast bi...

8. Grof142007

lol working is fun .. not i got hired a month ago and im tired already

but i do see plenty of hotties from back in the kitchen

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I need to get a job... seriously.
    But that's great that you're having fun at your job. I liked your story very much. And don't worry, I won't say anything to your bf. (Although, I don't know about my imaginary friend lol)

10. Nicknikko

haha thanks! :grin::icon_wink

11. mcrteenagers

Hey,

Restaurants are (scratch that) *can* be a fun place to work. I've worked in restaurants since I was 12, and am taking culinary arts in college.

Although you are FOH (Front of House; lol) I'll reserve my comments for my work :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol (BOH and FOH tends to have a "tiff" with eachother).

Great to hear you are having some good experiences. As for your one story, its all apart of the job. Male servers flirt with tables with girls, girls servers flirt with the tables with guys. I guess the male/male gap hasn't been bridged yet.

Cheers!

12. kholdstare90

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to being a waiter. The honeymoon period is almost cute.

After a while you learn to get people interested enough to tip you but not so interested they start stalking. Plus tables of all girls can be so much fun, it's all innocent games and they tip like there is no tomorrow ($300 total from a table of 20)

Plus if it is popular as you say you recognize the regulars you pick up small details about their lives and if you start chatting then you can ask them about it (like you could care less) and they take it very well. I remember these two ladies who would always order a bruchetta and a diet coke each. You start the usual rapport and within about 3-4 visits they compliment the manager etc hinting at a possible raise/bonus.

13. panda

Maybe it's a down payment?:shrug:

14. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

No offense, but what is a 20 y/o doing flirting w/ someone who is 16? :eek:

15. Nicknikko

I know right!?

><

16. Nicknikko

by the way... guys thanks for all your comments and tips... that's really nice of you! :]

17. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

Like you said, the guy could be a stalker type, especially since you said he came back for coffee one day. Be careful! :smilewave

18. Level N Human

But not everyone isn't gay. ^^

19. lostinthought9

awwww that is sooo sweet haha, and wow a $50 tip, i should quit mcdonalds and become a waiter hehe...nice story though...

20. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest