1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Describe Liking Someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by secretguyX, Sep 25, 2012.

1. secretguyX

How do you feel about someone when you like them? How do you know that you truly like someone?

I've been thinking a lot about my feelings for people. Then I saw this picture on tumblr.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8zi6iLspC1qld7j9o1_1280.jpg
    (It's not related to identity in any way.)

I feel more like that when I think about this girl, who I guess I have a slight crush on, then my boyfriend. And I don't think that makes any sense. But honestly I think what that picture says is important in liking someone. What do you think?

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How do I feel, that's kind of difficult for me to describe. I feel warm I guess, floaty like butterflies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. When I truly like somebody I have trouble not thinking about them. I'll always try to make time to see how they're doing, and talk with them even if I'm busy myself somewhat subconsciously.

It's weird, like those feelings kind of brush away any depression or heavy weights I have for that moment.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Euphoric. But I find others can explain it better, particularly Mr. Stephen Fry.

“And then I saw him and nothing was ever the same again.

The sky was never the same colour, the moon never the same shape: the air never smelt the same, food never tasted the same. Every word I knew changed its meaning, everything that once was stable and firm became as insubstantial as a puff of wind, and every puff of wind became a solid thing I could feel and touch.” - Stephen Fry

4. thatkidsean

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That moment when ever you think of the person you get butterflies when you see them your heart races your mind goes blank

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Butterflies can certainly be an indicator that you like someone, but when you've settled into a committed relationship with someone, I'd imagine the butterflies wouldn't show up as often since you wouldn't feel as nervous about being with your partner. If you and your boyfriend have been going steady for a while, it's totally reasonable that you wouldn't get butterflies when you think about the next time you get to be with him. Butterflies are caused by nervousness, and if you already have enough experience to know that everything will go down just fine the next time you see your boyfriend (which I'd imagine is NOT how you feel about this girl your crushing on), then what do you have to be nervous about? :slight_smile:

How would I describe liking someone? Yeah, those butterflies can certainly indicate it, but there's so much more to it than that for me. Hell, for me, I only feel those butterflies when I'm anticipating asking them a question like, "Do you like me too?" When I like someone, just seeing their face can make me smile. Just hearing their voice can brighten my day. Just making them laugh can make me feel on top of the world. I guess I do get a bit nervous being around them, but once I know that they do like me (as a friend or otherwise), that nervousness goes away, and it's just a pleasant feeling of, "Oh goody! I get to be with this person!"

6. secretguyX

The problem is, that's not how I feel about him... because I do like talking to him, but sometimes it's almost as if I prefer talking to my best friend over him...

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Something starts to grow.. :lol:

I'm joking, my mood uplifts i suppose.

8. Blu

Blu

When I like someone I think about them almost all the time.....like while trying to go to sleep. When I'm talking to them its hard to look in their eyes......I look away a lot if their looking back at me. I all so get territorial.....that's the way I feel right now about this friend of mine.

9. Screw butterflies, I get severe nausea. When I like someone, everything I feel about them is intense (not in a creepy obsessive stalker way or anything, mind you). I don't know how else to describe it.

10. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think of the butterflies feeling as lighter, and more bubbly than what I usually get. You know when you're in a car and you go over a small hill and your stomach lurches? Like you feel like you're falling for a second? That's the feeling I get near someone I like. It's heavier and deeper than the butterfly feeling.

11. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

For me, it's like all my senses get heightened. I'm like super aware of them when they are around me and when they aren't I constantly find things that remind me of them.

12. mockingbird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i start to feel lighter than air when i see the one who i fancy, i feel so happy and cannot help but smile :slight_smile: but sadly i have to control my emotions as he does not feel the same was as i do about him.......

---------- Post added 26th Sep 2012 at 02:57 PM ----------

*way..... sorry

13. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THIS. I get this feeling that my body is about to go overboard. I feel sick to the point where it's not just butterflies, it's anxiety. I can feel my heart beat out of my chest and I can't handle it. I get scared because I don't want to deal with this person, especially when you know said person will never look your way or feel the way you feel. But then you want to see them again because you're hopeful, and so optimistic. It's like clash of the titans, except it's my hopes versus my gargantuan self-doubt, and a self-esteem that wobbles every now and then, and my self-consciousness.

14. Chickzak

My feelings are mixed depending on the intensity of the crush. Sometimes I'm just incredibly clumsy, can't say anything right without sounding lame.. and I talk way too fast. I dont know how to react, feel nervous, dont know where to put my hands or how to look. *_*

Other times, I get butterflies, like getting excited to see them the next time, espcially when I know I'm doing something for them, that'll make them smile. I get excited and cannot stop grinning
    =D

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I don't just like him. I LIKE HIM like him."

Lex

16. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Liking someone depends on the person. Everyone experiences different things. Most people, and these are based on the most common things, will react some way like this. When you see the person you like, you get butterflies, like your heart is on a roller coaster and you don't know whether it'll drop to your stomach or come right out of your chest. When you see the person, you take it all in, you admire them, from near or far, if you talk to them, you value every moment. When you're away from them, you miss them, you want to see them more, and you might not feel as happy as you did, but when you see them again, the same feeling comes back. When you can't see them, they're mostly all of what you think about, they occupy your mind more than they should. You imagine every possible situation with them and create a fictional place in your mind for those situations. You want to see them more often, you want to talk to them more, you want to be around them. But that's just liking them, loving is a whole different story. If the feeling stays, and never really fades, maybe it's love, but, if it's only recently, then, just liking.

17. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I never understood the whole 'butterflies' thing.

It's more like a building pressure for me, as if all my blood vessels are expanding in my head and chest. (Which is technically what's happening).

It's a delightful feeling.