1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Purity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SheWhoHasNoName, Sep 25, 2012.

?

WHat are your views on sexual purity

1. Chaste is the way to go!

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. It's okay if you love each other.

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Who cares?

43 vote(s)
    62.3%
  4. I don't know.

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. SheWhoHasNoName

What are your views on sexual purity? (Not having sex before marriage, if gay marriage was legal of course.)

#1 SheWhoHasNoName, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. LailaForbidden

rubbish. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: For me, that is. Its a personal choice and i won't discriminate on any who choose to partake in it. Its your life and you should do whatever makes you most comfortable and happy.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't want to overdo it with this exchange from The Big Bang Theory, but as long as people keep posting threads about waiting until marriage, I'll keep posting it. The characters were talking about action figures that they had kept in their box since buying them:

Sheldon: They’re mint in box.
    Leonard: They’re Collectables.
    Penny: C’mon can’t we just open one up and take a…
    Together: No!
    Leonard: Once you open the box it loses its value.
    Penny: Yeah, yeah, my mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

4. dreamcatcher

I think people should be able to have sex with whoever they want or with however many people they want. Personally, I don't think I could do that. I've never been in a sexual relationship before so I'd like my first time to be with someone I really care about... but whatever floats your boat. And if people want to wait until they're married, they should also be free to do that. No judgement either way.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

THIS. I think its personal and honestly I couldn't care less who's for it and who isn't.:bang:

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly don't care. The only thing that I care about is if they are having safe sex.

7. Emberstone

I voted 'who cares', not because I believe you should rush out to have sex just for the sake of having sex, but that marriage is a social construct that people choose to abide by. As long as sex is consesual, and is done for the right reasons (you care for someone, and want to share physical intimacy), a marriage certificate is not going to make it any different when you really get down to it.

honestly, I do, however, want to get married one day, but if I am in a relationship that we mutually feel a connection, and choose to consumate it physically before marriage, thats no one elses buisness but our own.

and if that happens to be with Danial Radcliffe, then so be it. :slight_smile:P

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I find it stupid to wait until marriage. Sex is a big part of a relationship. I know it's not the most important thing, but it's still important. What if you find out after marrying you're completely uncompatible sex-wise? That'd be awful..

10. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I also said "Who cares?" I probably won't become sexually active anytime soon, but that's due to the quirks of my orientation and not to any commitment to chastity. As long as you're practicing safe sex and all participants give their full consent, it really doesn't matter when you first do it.

11. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

It's all about love for me. I mean, seriously, virginity is overrated. If you love each other, you should be allowed to have a little fun. :icon_wink :eusa_danc

12. Markio

I think it's unfair to women they way their character is often based solely on their sexual purity, and not on any other principles or aspects of character. By putting all this value on a woman's virginity, women are only sexualized even further ("all that matters about a woman is her sexual innocence!").

I'm not sure how I feel about sexual purity in my own life/relationships. I haven't had sex or been in a serious relationship ever, and when I think about it I feel like I'm failing at being a normal person. Which is stupid, because losing your virginity to fit in is the worst reason to do it.

I'd like to have sex with someone that I have a close emotional relationship with, and not just because of some lustful desire for a hot guy. If only I knew how to get close to people: I've tried going outside and walking around, but that doesn't really do anything. 9_9

13. i would like to but in reality its not likely to happen.

but i dont look down on someone if they want to do that. its up to the people involved, doesnt affect me so i dont care lol.

14. Fiddledeedee

I personally wish to wait until I'm married or an equivalent thereof, since ideally I hope that if I get married it will last a lifetime and I want that man or woman to be the only person I have sex with. I also don't know if I have issues relating to sex left over from being abused, and I don't want to have to unload them on others or whatever. I phrased that badly, sorry.

15. th3wallflow3r

its totally a personal choice.
    I personally have no interest in sex nut I don't shove my views down others throats as the corresct views.

16. PurpleCrab

Well, I find that this survey lacks that choice:

-I'm against it.

What I'm against is propelling the idea that being a virgin before marriage makes you a worthier spouse, or that not being a virgin makes you a lesser spouse, like if you ruined something. Fact is, if you have had safe sexual experiences before you're more likely to know yourself and to be at ease with sexuality.

There are some things I believe should be acquired prior to getting married... it's mostly in the ranges of life experiences and maturity, knowing/loving oneself, being good at communicating and at solving conflicts, having seen the difference between attraction, love and pure affection, oh... you know, just those little things that give your marriage more chances of success...

17. SydneyChick

SydneyChick Guest

Depends on the values and ethics of both parties. If they both completely abide by that, then yeah! It would just be irritating being in a relationship with a person if they had mixed views on that kind of thing.
    I know I'm pretty young, so make a valid opinion on this is difficult but everyone has an opinion, I suppose.

18. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having sex. Whether its because you love each other, you are married or just because its fun, then go for it and enjoy. The concept that being a vrigin or doing it only as an expression of love makes you "pure" is totally bull.

Whatever you do be safe and take care of yourself.

19. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

It’s not that I believe in waiting until marriage- but I am a STAUNCH supporter of waiting until you’re in love. I don’t think, for your first time, you should do it with someone you don’t love or care about because it’s such an important event in life. I’m waiting to be in love- as long as that takes. After your first time and doing it when you are in love (even if you fall out of love with that person, but at least you did love them at one point) you can have sex with whomever you want- I don’t care. I just think it’s more special and personal and AMAZING when your heart is in it.

20. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Personally, I always want to stay sexually pure, but if not, then, still, I'd stay pure until marriage, I was hesitant about having my first kiss, I made a big deal out of that, out of sex, I make an even bigger deal. I'm just, not too interested in sex, and I don't think it would play a big part, if any at all, in any relationship I'd have. Everyone my age thinks I'm insane for being this way, but, at least I know I'm not getting involved with things I don't want to, and that's what makes me happy, knowing I could make that kind of commitment. I'm not interested in sex, I'm still young though, so my interest could change, but, I don't think it will. As for anyone else, I don't really care what they do with their lives, but for me, that's my choice, and for someone else, that's their choice, I'm not going to judge someone for not waiting.