1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do any other only children wish they had siblings?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jared, Sep 25, 2012.

?

Do you wish you had a sibling(s)?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Jared

Do any of you other only kids wish you had a sibling? Personally I wish I had a sibling sometimes, so I had immediate family other than my parents and maybe someone to confide in in real life and I was really lonely growing up on a ranch. But I'm kinda glad I'm an only child, because if I wasn't that'd mean that someone else would have had to grow up in the hell I did, with an abusive father and emotionally manipulative mother and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a younger sister, and she and I don't talk/get along at all. We're the complete polar opposite of each other in every single imaginable way. I've always wanted a brother though; ideally, one who's like a year or two older or if younger, then a year younger. I think that's because I'm a big tomboy and always wish I had a brother to hang with. Plus, I think if I had one and we were close, I would've already come out to him and we could talk about girls together :wink:

So although my sister and I don't get along, it's better than being an only child only because it takes away my parents' focus on me. People who only have one kid are even more overly protective and they put all their attention on the one kid. Plus, since I'm gay and can't give them the marriage and grandchildren they're probably hoping for, at least I have a straight sister who loves children who can give them that.

#2 musikk021, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. xoybtm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm... You should ask us Chinese people. Almost every child has no siblings since 1970s.

4. O_Negative

I will not vote because I am not an only child, however, I WAS an only child for 12 years! My little bro is 8 now (I will be 21 in about a month) and before that I wished very hard that I could have siblings. I love the kid to death =)

5. Aielar

I already have two older brothers (the one that's twenty one years old is my blood brother, my adopted brother is forty...forty one? Something like that). It would be awesome to have a younger sibling though - my neighbor's kid is really cool and I see him as a little brother (he's two years old) but it would be even more cool to have my own younger sibling that's related to me. Although, the downside of having a younger sibling was the fact that he/she would be related to one of my parents, and they don't have the skills to be a parent. So idk, yes and no do I want a younger sibling.

6. CTJ

CTJ

I'm an only child and i loved it when i was growing up, all my cousins had siblings and they would always get each other in trouble and argue all the time. But as as soon as i hit teenage years, i really wanted a younger brother, only by a couple of years.

I realised that i'd missed out on having someone around that i could talk to and have fun with, family holidays were the worst. I used to get shouted at for looking miserable on these great holidays, then i'd get shouted at for wanting to spend time with my parents and told to go play, so i'd have to go sit on a beach on my own for a week, and they wondered why i always looked miserable lol.

7. brocub

I wish I had siblings so my parents could depend on someone else to provide them grandchildren. Also so I could have someone who was there to protect me when things went to hell or even someone to talk to when I was bored and alone (so really, I would have wanted an OLDER sibling).

8. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Kind of a hard question to answer. Overall yes, I do wish I had siblings or at least a sibling, whether brother(s) or sister(s) as someone to confide in. Yet at the same time, it's easy to picture all the good things about something you've never had. Afterall, had the circumstances been different, I could've had siblings and for all I know they may've been total douchebags.

9. ameliawesome

I grew up with a sister who is biologically my cousin, and I wouldn't trade her or or any part of our lives, but I've always wished I had more siblings. And I've always wondered if it feels different at all to have a biological sibling, sheer curiosity.

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I have a sister 5 years younger (she'll be 17 in December), so I'm not an only child, but I do wish I had a sibling I could actually confide in and be close with. I have no emotional connection with her, she's kinda self-absorbed, and a homophobe to boot.

11. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Careful what you wish for :wink:
    I have two, and am hoping that over the next year or so I won't have to deal with one of them much anymore.

12. CrazyAntFarm

Dude, I can relate to this especially. Sadly, this is probably the only reason why I wish I wasn't an only child. I'm pretty sure my mom would be really disappointed about not being able to have grandchildren.

13. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i love my brother and sister immensely, i am extremely glad i have them. They are both wonderful people.

14. Minamimoto_Fan

I always wish that I could, unfortunately my mother got a pituitary tumor and lost the ability to right after I was born.

Apparently, I was supposed to have a twin, but the other baby disappeared about two months later. I can only guess that it was too small and got reabsorbed, or something weird. One photo it's there in the ultrasound, then *poof*

What's creepy is the fact we receive mail for a Victoria, and my mom would have named her first daughter Victoria. It's super creepy...