1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nisomer, Aug 12, 2006.

1. nisomer

Just wondering, where do you guys do most of your shopping for clothes? Is there a particular store you go to?

I usually like to go to the gap, american eagle, old navy, or target...and sometimes marshall fields.

2. NACHO

I Like Target And Old Navy! But I Do Most Of My Shopping At Pacsun And Oneway! I Dont Know If You Knoe Those Stores Its More Like Surfur And Skater Style! But They Are Cool Stores!

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually at Target, or one of those nice stores that have clothing. Even though I don't care about fashion, I usually wear the same clothes, even when going to College. It kind of makes me look like a poor boy.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I live for fashion, so really only high priced good merchandise clothing for me. My top shopping spots:

Le Chateau (everything else)
    American Eagle (hats and excessories)
    Old Navy (Jeans and pants)

And for my shoes:

ALDO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be highly unlikely to see me in Wal-Mart or Sears doing my clothes shopping and such (no offense to anyone who does).

5. Merc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    REI (for pretty much everything- though the prices are a bit high)
    Old Navy (for baggy shirts when REI doesn't have what I want)

My mom doesn't exactly like my choice in clothing, but *shrugs* her tastes are decidedly anti-me.

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think actually most of my clothes are from the Gap, which I find slightly embarrassing. The men's clothes section at the Bay actually has good stuff, I find: stylish but not as overpriced as some place. I never like any of the stuff from American Eagle and every single item of clothing from Abercrombie and Fitch (they don't have A&F in Canada but I go to San Francisco at least once a year), which is I don't know, supposed to be like this gay mecca or something, is a) massively overpriced and b) covered in "A&F" logos. I HATE being a walking logo for a brand, especially a major stereotypically gay brand, so I don't buy that stuff. Plus I don't really like what they have anyway, so it all works out well.

I definitely don't like spending a lot of money on clothes. I mean, I don't shop at the Salvation Army or Army & Navy but I'm not going to pay $50 for a t-shirt and $80 for a shirt shirt. It's just nuts...

There's this super-high end department store in Canada called Holt Renfrew and I know some gay guys who are just in LOVE with it and themselves for shopping at it but I'm like, what's the point of fashion if you can't afford anything else in life? I hate people who like stores simply because they're over-expensive. They'll tell you it's because of "the quality" but really it's because it feeds their egos to think that they're better than other people because they're willing to waste ridiculous amount of money (like 5X or 10X what you need) to clothe themselves.

7. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Target, Sears, Marshall Field's, JC Penney, and places like that are fine with me.

I don't like Old Navy, Abercrombie & Fitch, Aeropostale, and other trendy stores because I feel like I don't fit in there. I don't even like the feeling I get when I enter those stores. They seem filled with hip teens and that's... just not me. Rather, I want ordinary, plain clothes.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Old Navy is TRENDY? Here in Vancouver Old Navy is the cheap knock off of Gap, so it's hardly trendy.

I think maybe Old Navy is trendy only in their own minds.

9. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I agree, i only go there because they're jeans are super good quality. And i have expensive tastes so i guess that makes me a bit of a piss off in joey's book lol, no offense taken. I enjoy spending money on myself, clothes and fashion are pretty much the world to me. When i psyco-analize myself i can find the reason why but no one ever said i have to share it, so:icon_wink . And no offense but i'd only go to GAP for kakhi's. Thats about all they have thats decent IMO.

10. nisomer

hey i love old navy, the clothes are nice, AND cheap. Whats wrong with cheap?

11. NACHO

nk1114 YOUR RIGHT! I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE BRAND THAT MUCH BECAUSE YOUR NOT GOING TO BE LIKE "LOOK I GOT THEM AT ABERCROMBIE R BLAHBLAHBLAH" I JUST LIKE JEANS THAT ARE LIGHT BLUE OR WHITE AND THATS IT I REALLY DONT LIKE DESIGNS ON THEM AND THINGS LIKE THAT THAT MAKE THEM $94759425425 DOLLARS SO THATS WHY I SHOP SOMETIMES AT TARGET BECAUSE IT HAS WHANT I NEED.

12. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I admit that I'm pretty ignorant about clothing stores. I thought that Old Navy's trendy because I knew a trendy person who shopped there.

13. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't mean to be the "fashion police." I mean I would shop at Old Navy if there was one nearby. Hey I shop at the Bay, so I'm hardly one to talk about what's trendy and what's not.

I mean, that's pretty much the point: what is trendy is what enough people believe is trendy. You should shop where you like for clothes you like. I have some favourite places I go but if I saw something I liked that was within my price range, I wouldn't really care what shop it was at or what label it had.

14. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Haha, speaking of fashion police, in Bethesda I think (a Maryland suburb of Washington) they're thinking of enforcing a law about the length of women's skirts, so there would literally be a fashion police. Thats my random comment for the day. Sorry.

But back to the original question, I really like Filene's Basement because it has a good selection of different clothes and designer stuff but is still pretty affordable. I actually bought my first pair (and only) of designer jeans there (only $40...a pretty good deal compared to what some of my friends pay for nice jeans) and I love them to death. But for normal comfortable clothes I usually go to L.L. Bean.

15. TriBi

I have a very close friend who runs his own (small but good) menswear shop.

Guess where I buy almost all of my clothes (at very preferential prices!):icon_bigg

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

A good friend of mine owns a jeans shop (also sells other casual stuff like t-shirts and sweatshirts). Because I host and design their online store, and do other internet and IT work for them I am regarded as staff so get whatever I want at trade prices (the price they pay). Wrangler basic jeans for £13.50, for example.

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I could get Wrangler jeans for that much at retail stores here... no discount. Or nearly. Sounds like what I've heard about the UK being expensive is damn true.

18. nisomer

Here in MN we don't have to pay tax for clothes...WOO!! (plus we have the Mall of America)