1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Approaching a guy...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MattVan, Sep 26, 2012.

1. MattVan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a university student in gay friendly Vancouver. Since class started this month, I've been noticing this really gorgeous guy (exactly my type, appearance-wise) two or three times a week, and we've made eye contact on at least three occasions for a little longer than normal. One time he was standing in line at a coffee place and gave me a fairly blatant look-over as I passed by, even taking his attention away from some friend standing beside him. I looked back but wasn't fast enough to smile, and when I circled around the area a couple moments later he was gone... Anyway, it seems pretty obvious that he has some interest, but I simply have no idea how to approach him in this setting (walking outside between classes or in the crowded students' union building). Please help me :eusa_doh:

2. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds amazing ^.^

Tough one though. I can see how it would be difficult to confront him if you're shy.

Perhaps dropping a pencil while walking by him or something. Clique but likely effective.

3. ForceAndVerve

I don't know about approaching him, it might be a bit too soon for that concidering he's a complete stranger, but the next time you guys make eye contact, give him that smile and see how he responds.

Actually this sort of situation reminds me of QueVidaLaMia's blog, I hope it's ok if I post it for you to read because you may find it interesting:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/blogs/quevidalamia/5247-true-love-true-story.html
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/blogs/quevidalamia/5270-true-love-true-story-2.html

4. Night Rain

OMG I just read his blog and his second relationship is almost identical to mine (well, at least the ugly and pity parts, and the fact that he was very into me)! :astonished:

5. Brenny

You have class together? You could sit near him in class. Though the less creepy thing might be to simply say hi if you pass near him and introduce yourself. Ask his name, mention you thought you should say hi since you are classmates. That could be a start...