1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do they tell?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SkyTears, Jan 31, 2008.

1. SkyTears

I'm just wondering if anyone else is like this. So I guess before I ever came out to people they had been askig each other if I was gay. I really didn't think I was giving off any signs or anything. I've always seen myself has someone tht would be kind of harder to tell. Either my friends have really good gaydar or I just wasn't as good at hiding it as I thought. Anyone else like this?

2. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Yep, before i came out my friend said all the girls in the locker room were talking about me that i was gay lol......maybe becuz i flirted with guys..lol

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think we were not as good at hiding it as we thought. People subconsciously compare us with our straight peers and notice differences that could be clues.

4. Chaz

That is true, Especially in my community. The lack of gays really makes someone who is stick out like a sore thumb if they act differently than the other people at all.

5. Brett

Yeah, same here......I don't really even need to come out, the whole town thinks I'm gay anyways......:icon_sad:

6. Zak

Zak

Tottaly....people have been saying i'm gay since i was in Kindergarten....b/c i kinda did gay stuff and like act like a girl....so, everyone like knows already!

7. jab429

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lol, when i told my friend becca that i was gay, this is what she said....

"jesse alot of people had always thought that, but i never really...well i mean kinda but only becasue you have values and are really nice and sweet and unlike any other guy i have ever met, and you are an awesome shopping partner..."

:lol:

After I tell people, I always like to ask if they could tell I am gay....they usually say yes.

8. Jeimuzu

Nobody guessed with me. Just didn't happen. :-/ The only person that knew before I told them was my brother, but hell, we used to share a computer, that's how he found out. Stayed quiet so I could tell him when I wanted to, nice of him. :slight_smile:

9. Level N Human

I got mixed reactions. Some already guessed (Apparently I stare at the object of my affections in some way :\ Very creepy) Others thought I was telling them I'm bipolar.

10. Nodnarb

I haven't asked my parents whether they expected it, but if we ever talk about it again, I will. When I came out they didn't seem like the expected it, but they didn't act totally surprised.

I'm not out to my friends, but I know the way our school works and there is a good chance that public opinion is that I'm gay. But, after really paying attention to my friends' conversations and choice of words around me, it would appear they are completely oblivious. For some reason they think I am this beacon of morality, and being gay is most definately considered immoral around here(and I'm and atheist, also considered VERY immoral, so I don't get where they're coming from on it, but anyways...), so on that level I don't think they would ever expect it. But, I think if they thought about it for awhile they would realize how freaking obvious it is.

11. lostinthought9

all three people that i came out to said they didnt have a clue lol---i guess i hide it very well :icon_bigg

12. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I talked to my grandma about my sexuality, she told me she knew I was gay since I was ten. Of course, this kinda makes me feel dumb for not knowing it when everyone else did. I heard tell that you can tell if a child is gay as early as six depending on how they role play with their friends.

13. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    All the people I've come out to were shocked, just like I expected. Though, I don't always sense that I hide it well, but I think I can pretty accurately gauge how well I hide it.

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

of all the people i've told, all have been suprised. am i gay enough?? lol.

15. SpikySpice

Too manypeople discusing botu me like, He's gay! and No he's not he looks cdand stuffs1

Most peopel icameut were shocked, but a guy said ' I couldnt believe it but if you say it then I now'

One of teh reason pope knwo im gay is cuz when gay gus r around

16. Rette

Very true, especially about our close friends, I think.

For me, close friends have usually figured it out, while people who are more "acquaintances" have, for the most part, been shocked.