1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gargoyle football

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lexington, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last year, I took part in a fundraising run to benefit a LGBTQ youth group. The run is only three blocks long, but it has to be done in heels. Due to the nature of the run, most people make the run in some sort of fun outfit - full drag or joke-drag or what have you. I decided to go the opposite direction last year, and do the run in a sports uniform (and heels). As a big fan of the local indoor lacrosse team, I already had most of the parts - the jersey and shorts. The lacrosse team graciously offered to loan me a helmet, stick and pads. I came in seventh in the run, and first in money raised, and had a great time. (My profile photo is from that run last year.)

This year, I decided to step up the game a bit. I decided to make the run in full Denver Bronco uniform. (That's our US football team, and the closest thing we have to a unifying religion in this city.) The problem was - I didn't own ANY of the pieces of a Denver Broncos uniform, and I didn't know a single person with the Broncos organization.

Luckily, I know a horse.

[​IMG]

I had done some work with the Broncos mascot Miles awhile back, so I decided to e-mail him and ask if he could help out any. Ends up he could help a lot. He loaned me an official NFL helmet and Bronco socks, got me a discount on a jersey, and gave me some pointers on where to get "football pants". My partner got into the act, too - he bought a football and spent all night gluing blue and orange glitter to it.

So this morning, I again made the run in full team uniform and heels. I came in first in the run (by a large margin!), second in money raised, and second in "costume design". :slight_smile: I had a great time again, and I'm already wondering what team with get the Lex treatment next year.

I've posted a couple photos of me in uniform in my gallery. Oddly, I haven't found one with the heels in it yet...

Lex

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats awesome congratulations.

3. Gallatin

This is awesome! :slight_smile:

4. J Snow

Congrats =)

5. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :Congrats!

Though I know he probably couldn't have, can only think it's good that he didn't loan you his mascot uniform. :lol:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Lex! It does sound like tons of fun! :slight_smile:

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Welp, Nuggets and Avs left and then you can move on to Colorado college teams :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Sounds like a dang funny event! XD

8. Romi

I wish there was something like this where I lived. That sounds like so much. And congratulations. :wink: