1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had an awkward gay/bi/trans experience in public?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mad1022, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Have any of you guys had awkward, sad, etc. gay/bi/trans experiences in public? Just a while ago, we were talking about noun-pronoun relationships in English class (and they say its advanced. Riiight) such as a boy is he, an item is it, etc. a really wierd and funny girl i our class raised her hand and asked what about someone who doesn't know whether they're a boy or a girl. Everyone laughed at the idea. Being trans, this hurt me deeply, especially when I saw my friend who knows I'm trans laughing. At lunch I was telling my bi friend who is my sister (you can say theoretically, bu we love each other way more than theoretically :grin:) and ended up sobbing in her arms :confused:
    So have you guys ever had any funny or sad moments like this? I'd love to hear them!

2. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I was in high school I was in this dreadful auto tech class. I had just started dressing and had on a bra, hairband, and some makeup. One of the kids walked up to me and started yelling at me. Saying that he didn't like it when I looked at him (I was just staring at the floor as usual in that class because I didn't like touching the cars), then he said that everyone else thought it was creepy that a "faggot" was looking at them. He then proceeded to ask every single person in the class whether they thought I was creepy to which every single one of them responded with "yeah". I thought he was going to attack me, I was so close to crying. The bell rang a few minutes after and I left for my next class. School sucks.

3. PurpleCrab

Well it was a long time ago. I was working in a kitchen as a cook helper and it was break time. I was keeping to myself a lot those days and my coworkers didn't know much about me at all.
    The chief cook was a proud lesbian, married to her wife with two kids. In that small closed minded city I was living in, it was a big deal.
    At break time I got outdoors with some chatting coworkers who proceeded to start saying how disgusting lesbians are, how disgusting lesbian sex is, how un-equal to normal straight relationships lesbian relationships were... the whole discrimination/hate package was there. And all my coworkers were giggling together and agreeing 100% with each other.
    I guess I stayed there and listen because I was fascinated; how much the whole teem seemed alright and relatively accepting of the chief cook while she was around, and acting like a bunch of frightened schoolgirls when she wasn't there.

That got me to think a lot about public perceptions, hidden discrimination and so on. I guess I got more ready to face that this same type of bullshit would be done to me in the future. Still, rather scary if you think about it...

(though, that's nothing compared to your mother who completely rejects you when she learns that you aren't the straight cisgirl she thought you were, or your dearest friends turning their backs in you)

...all in all, when I look back at it I can say it toughened me.

4. Pyrotactick

Dahh......when I came out to my friends that I was bi. My other friend came out that he was gay helped, but it was mostly peer pressure. Worst part is, it was art class and they were making so much noise... o_o.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My 2nd cousin (and former youth director) talked about me behind my back to my friends who then defended me.

Also before that, my 2nd cousin put a homophobic rant on one of my friends links. I argued with him about it. That is what really got me thinking about my sexual orentation.

Weird how these things work sometimes..

6. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I remember as a teen, many many years ago, while walking to school in NYC.
    Some macho trucker guy on one of the side streets whistled and blew a kiss in my direction. My reaction was creepy. But I already knew back then I was gay. I'm skinny built, so that guy was probably eyeing on me. Still creepy because in the back of my mind, I could have been kidnapped and be sold, like the stuff you see in Law and Order:SVU. Creepy!

7. Flow

I was at a gas station waiting in line to pay for my gas because I forgot to deposit money into my debit card. The cashiers were changing shifts so they had to count the money before they could continue with any transactions.

All of a sudden, I felt a hand grab my ass. I turn around and this guy was like "Oops, sorry". In my head I was just like "What the fuck just happened?" The guy then walked right next to me and started eyeing me down and winked. Me, being a goof started laughing because how ridiculous this guy was being. He then asked me if I was into guys and I was like, yeah. Then he did the worst thing ever.. He told me to meet him in the Walmart restroom where he would show me something that I would enjoy. I had to tell him I had a boyfriend and the guy tried to follow me after I paid for my gas.

8. Bree

In my Statistics class, the teacher was showing us how the clickers worked. We had to click A for male or B for female. The results were anonymous, but came up on the screen as a poll. I hid my clicker under the table and clicked C. A lot of people laughed and made jokes about the anonymous C. I wish I'd said something, even if I didn't admit that it was me.

9. J Snow

A couple weeks ago after a group meeting, I went with my trans group to Zombie Burger (OMFGIANGING BEST RESTAURANT EVER). So we are sitting outside and one of the girls from the group brings over this guy and introduces me as Lauren... Now, I'm just in guy mode, not even attempting to dress feminine or anything, so this is obviously very confusing to him, so I just say my name's Michael. This confused the hell out of the poor guy and proceeded to go around everyone in the group going, "Are you Lauren? Are you Lauren? I swear I was told there was a Lauren."

It was very awkward...

10. Valarie

Valarie Guest

J snow very awkward story

just reminds me of my mom
    I'm still in transition and everything
    i dress in female clothing every now and then
    i still look male-ish
    my mom says she just gets confused trying figure out what name to call me
    so she calls me Davarie (David + Valarie) XP

i like it, its a good transition name XD