1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your career or future career?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LailaForbidden, Oct 2, 2012.

1. LailaForbidden

Out of curiosity... what is your occupation or what is a career that you are working toward?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd like to work behind the scenes at ESPN or as a sports director at a news station. Right now I am majoring in electronic media sports production.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I currently work as a computer programmer at my state's revenue agency.

Eventually, I'd like to be a game engine programmer.

4. biisme

I have a degree in Baking and Pastry Arts and am currently working on my Bachelors in Management.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About to get a Bachelor of Education, planning to do a Master of Adolescent Health and Welfare. So something relating to those.

6. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm currently working on getting a Bachelor's in English Literature with a minor in Technical & Professional Writing (TPW). I'm hoping to go into the TPW field, which is quite broad. I could do technical writing, which includes writing user manuals, procedures, tutorials, guidelines, process descriptions, usability tests, use cases, etc. I could do professional writing, which includes report writing, proposal writing, grant writing, promotional writing, etc. Or I could go into editing, and do a combination of writing and editing in a professional environment. I'm excited but scared at the same time!

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pursuing a career in post-production: I'd love to be putting together episodes, music videos, advertisements, anything, really. I'm up for anything.

I'd find it hilarious if I ended up being paid for doing lip-flaps for like... Funimation.

8. Gen

Gen

The plan is to be a novelist.(And I'm not that "ooo I want to be a writer type, but I will never write anything or try to get published" either :confused:). I am currently starting a book series that I have been planning for the past year. I'm taking extra time with the first one because it will essentailly be my debut novel(s) and they will follow me for the rest of my carreer so I need to start with a bang.

My current goal is for it to be published by 2014/15. I'm giving myself so much time because my course load is ridiculous now, and most likely next year. I will have a lot more free time in about a year and a half. Plus with my majors, I will be in college till I am sixty so I have plently of time..... So we will see how it goes in a few years ^_^.

So if it goes extremely well I will update you guys.(If it goes horribly you're not hearing a thing!!)

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:09 PM ----------

Woot! Lit Major!

I was also thinking about doing some literary editing, while I was still in school. I edit works all the time, might as well get paid for it.

9. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly have no idea. I graduated with a Bachelor's in Sociology. I think I plan on going to grad school. I'd like to do something with LGBT studies or LGBT-related careers. My career goal for now is to get a career goal.

10. Totoro

Currently enrolled in an undergrad as a pretty crazy-rounded student: English, Bio, and Sociology.
    But my actual goal is to get a master's in Social Work. I want to work most likely in a clinical setting (counseling, etc,.), but may take a liking to mental health and illnesses too depending on how my last years as an undergrad go. I've had several conversations about it with people in the field and who have seen people in this field, and it seems to be a very good place to be. It takes a lot out of you, but in the end you may be feeling pretty great having helped people.

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck with getting published! :thumbsup:
    And yup, I love editing. For me, though, I'm thinking of editing for professional writing types of works...workplace documents. If not, editing for bigger publication companies would be cool, too!

12. shaunnaj84

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going to school to be a nurse.. I am hoping to specialize in Neo Natal Nursing... I want to work with the babies!!!!! But I will be happy doing anything in the Nursing field, I have always been a compassionate little gal... and so it was only natural I choose a career path where I can take care of people... and I love CHILDREN and BABIES... can't get enough of them... they are always drawn to me everywhere I go.. so that is why I am hoping that someday after I get my license I can do something with either or :slight_smile:

13. vyvance

Currently do electronic components work for a technical solutions company, and I'm going to school likely to end up a professor.

14. Fiddledeedee

I have no idea. There are several things I think would be cool, though, chiefly font design and web design.

15. CTJ

CTJ

I always wanted to follow the field of psychology, with the goal of being a therapist, but i couldnt afford university, so i pretty much resigned myself to retail now. Ive been working for my company now for a little over a year and ive managed to get promoted over those that have been there for 5-10 years, so I plan on at least managing one of the supermarkets in the next 8 years.

16. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Currently studying Japanese, majoring in speech. I want to be a translator or possibly a teacher :wink:

17. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm majoring in mathematics right now. I might be a math teacher, but I'm not set on any specific career yet. But I like pure math much more than I do applied math, so stuff like engineering and business I think I can safely rule out.

18. AlexisAnne

I want to write. It's all I've ever really wanted to do. Am thinking heavilly about E-publishing.

19. IllusiveRannoch

at the moment, I stock shelves at Target. it's nice enough for now, but i really want to do so many more things later on, like start & own a company on my own.

20. Aielar

Children are my focus! Love them, love being around them :slight_smile: I'm in the Early Childhood Care and Education Certificate program right now, but I'm leaning towards looking for work this summer after I move down island and taking courses one or two at a time each semester to get my diploma :slight_smile: Yeah, children are awesome :slight_smile: