1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quote to Discuss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spectrumsigner, Oct 3, 2012.

1. spectrumsigner

"‘Fat’ is usually the first insult a girl throws at another girl when she wants to hurt her. I mean, is ‘fat’ really the worst thing a human being can be? Is ‘fat’ worse than ‘vindictive’, ‘jealous’, ‘shallow’, ‘vain’, ‘boring’ or ‘cruel’?" -J.K. Rowling

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This reminds me of a story I saw on the news today. A news anchor in Wisconsin received a message on Facebook informing her that she was fat. Her response was very thought-inducing. Here's a link to the story.

Anywho, fat is an insult far too over-relied on of you ask me. And if someone is willing to stoop low enough to throw something like that into the mix, it says more about them than it does about the intended victim's weight.

Sure, being bigger carries risks unto itself. But only a fool would pick on someone who need only sit on them to end the battle.

3. Markio

Was this the video you were talking about? This anchor is very eloquent.
    [YOUTUBE]TfbEqqGtbnE[/YOUTUBE]

If "fat" is worse than "shallow," then I'd say that our society values looks over intelligence in women. And if "fat" is usually the first word thrown, then it seems as though looks are being considered the most important aspect of a woman.