1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think it's irony, but it's something.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheSquirrels, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TheSquirrels

TheSquirrels Guest

First of all, forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong section; I just figured that the most likely other place I would is under anonymous, but that's for support, and this isn't a support thing. So if I'm in the wrong place, I wouldn't mind being redirected. Also, sorry if I start rambling (like I am now), I'll try to condense the story as much as possible.

When I was in high school, I had a major crush on this girl in my class. I knew it was a shallow thing, I didn't know her that well, but I adored/worshiped her. Of course, I never told anyone this, for obvious reasons. I tried to tell my best friend once, really subtly, but coming out in a busy hallway between classes didn't seem like a good idea.

Before I left HS, I opened a facebook account, to keep in touch with friends. One of friends then decided to suggest everyone I know be my friend, and that's how I became friends with the majority of my HS class, including my crush (at the time). I didn't take it personally that she added me as a friend, since everyone was adding everyone else, but I took it personally that she didn't REJECT me; this meant that, if nothing else, she didn't hate me.

Anyways, off to Uni, time passes and I get over her; I'm not less attracted to her, but clearly it's not going to happen. And I think it's ironic, because once upon a time I would have given anything to be where I was (a virtual friend where I could see her likes/dislikes), and yet here I was with all of that, and I couldn't care less.

Recently, I was talking to my best friend, seeing what our classmates were up to, and we found out my former crush has a girlfriend, someone else from our class. I'm not out at all, so I haven't said anything to my best friend, I disguise my interest in talking about her as gossip.

What I thought was the ironic part (if you can call it that) is that she went public before me. It's something that's "new," since she's known her gf for a while now, but they've only been dating a year, and she wasn't out when we were in highschool. I know, because I asked my best friend if there was any chance of her being bi (and I honestly have no clue how my best friend has yet to catch onto me).

I think the reason this is on my mind right now is because I'm in the middle of a crush on this guy in my uni class, so I was just thinking back to my last crush, lol.

Sorry for typing so much, and thank you if you have read this far! (*hug*)

2. Valarie

Valarie Guest

More rambling ^.^

3. TheSquirrels

TheSquirrels Guest

Haha, you're too kind! :lol: But here's a mini-ramble:

When I was in HS, we had a lot of classes together, but little group work. One time, in English, my teacher put her and I together. I started freaking out, because even though I had the biggest crush on her, I was (and to this day still am, in regards to uni crush) much more comfortable to just admire her from afar. So the teacher starts reading out our names, "TheSquirrels, you will be paired with Your Crush."

Inside I'm thrilled and anxious, but on the outside I must have had the most awkward face ever (both from nerves and trying to hide my excitement), because the teacher makes a comment. She says something like "TheSquirrels, you look like you're in pain, but don't worry, it will be over soon" (or something). She said it in a joking way, but now I was convinced I would offend my crush, which led me to saying "Oh, no, it's not that at all!" Haha, oh the awkward years of HS. :lol:

Do you have any stories you'd like to share? :icon_bigg

4. Valarie

Valarie Guest

Well, i guess i have one story
    kind of short

I'm not out with my friends at all, so at one party (drinking involved) my friends were trying to get a girl to kiss me (looking back now, i guess they always try to, back on topic) but she won't, so me friends says he'll kiss me if she will kiss me afterwords, before i have any say in it he kisses me on the lips which seemed like at least 5 seconds
    (ok discription of him, tall, dark hair, somewhat in touch with his gay side, though not necessarily gay, don't get any vibe from him and has had many girl friends- though that doesn't necessarily mean anything)
    (what i felt from the kiss, people say there is a spark between people when they kiss i thought it was just hogwash, but i had a spark, was so unexpected, was so dominant with it, I put my hands up in protest at first, you know that way, but then i just froze and enjoyed it, it was awesome) -- then the girl kissed me, meh, funny part is she was talking about that night later and asked me how i liked the kiss, i said "what?", she then reminded me and i was like oh yeah ....
    actually first solid truth that reviled to me that i liked guys a lot, before i just though i was a lesbian

so yeah, bad composition, lots of ramble ... yeah ^w^

5. TheSquirrels

TheSquirrels Guest

Interesting story, with a revelation to yourself, lol. Glad you enjoyed the kiss, :icon_wink