1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Views on Abortion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 3, 2012.

?

Your views on Abortion?

1. Pro-Life

11 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Pro-Choice

76 vote(s)
    79.2%
  3. Other

9 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Another poll. Done out of interest and boredom

2. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pro-life.

3. Jonathan

Pro-Choice - I believe that the woman should have the option of having an abortion should she decide to.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What Jonathan said.

5. Pain

Pain Guest

I'm mainly Pro-life, but I can see applications where abortion are necessary. I'll vote Other.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pro-choice. I think that women should have that option if they need it.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel as strongly as Scott Roeder, except I'm pro-choice. And admittedly I'm less gutsy.

8. Mogget

Just a reminder to everyone to remain civil, topics like this can get overheated.

I am pro-choice, and consider even the restrictions imposed on abortion in Roe v Wade (i.e. that abortion in the third trimester can be prohibited) to be unacceptable.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, I didn't even know Roe allowed that! One learns something new, even if disquieting everyday.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Choice. In the words of George Carlin, pro-lifers aren't pro-life, they are anti-woman. The position is morally untenable and rooted in at best faulty logic, and at worst outright misogyny.

11. Jared

I honestly don't like abortions, but I'm very pro-choice. I feel like making the decision to have an abortion is very personal and that women should have the option to make that decision and not have it made for them. It's their body, nobody should tell them what they can and cannot do with it.

12. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Pro choice. I used to be a bit "omg how can these women kill all the defenceless babies??" but then it happened to someone I care very deeply about and suddenly abortion wasn't a faceless issue for me any more so my old one-dimensional viewpoint became redundant.

13. Bree

I would phrase that pro-abortion or anti-abortion.

I honestly don't understand how there's even a debate, it just looks like common sense to me. What right does the state have to force someone to carry a child that they're not prepared to raise? Why would they want to? More expense to the welfare system.

14. Fiddledeedee

Pro-choice in all circumstances, but that doesn't mean I'm pro-abortion in all circumstances.

15. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I can't really choose either one. I don't think anyone should have abortions, but sometimes people need it. When get raped, it wasn't their choice to be raped, so therefore, they should have an opportunity to get a choice in whether (and this is if they get pregnant) they want to keep their child or not. It's not fair that they would have to have a kid of someone they don't even know and then the kid won't have a father. Any other time, I don't think people should have a choice because they knowingly had a child. There's no guarantee for no pregnancy, and if they didn't want a kid, they look into medication like Plan B so that they don't get pregnant after sex. The only way I'd see it as okay is if a woman was raped. Any other way, I don't see it as okay. It's not really my choice though, it's up to the people. It's just sad to think about what they child someone had could have become, but they never got a chance. That's why it makes me upset.

16. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  17. PurpleCrab

Pro-Life even though I recognize that the right to abortion is a necessary evil in our society. It's a matter of what's worse to be avoided.

My reasoning:
    - In this day and age, a woman who gets sperm in her vagina has either been raped or she should take responsibilities for her choice not to have used contraception. I don't mean punishment; I mean that actions have consequences.
    - What is 9 months of carrying a child, giving birth, compared to a whole life of possibilities to be given to a child? Who says they are going to have a bad life? Logically to me anyway the sacrifice the woman has to do is far but equal to what is given to the child were he/she to live. The value of the given life far outweigh the sacrifice.
    - It is my opinion that since they have human DNA and are functioning as a "complete" though dependent organism, that they are human. Birth per say only makes a difference to society not to the state of the being. After birth they are still a complete but dependent being with their own DNA, though if the mother decides to kill her newborn she is a murderer.

Mind you, I still deem the right to abortions to be necessary. I believe that there could be ways around this though; like forced infertility on everybody until they formulate the desire to reproduce to a health practitioner for example.

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the middle. We're I pregnant, I wouldn't even consider abortion (unless rape was involved). But I believe every woman should be able to make that decision for herself.

The way I see it, I don't have a uterus, so who am I to tell someone what they can and can't do with theirs?

19. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Pro-choice. In a society where sex-Ed in schools is dismal, rape is far too prevalent, poverty keeps parents from being able to give children the life they deserve, and where contraception isn't 100% effective in preventing pregnancy, it's a necessary evil.

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's not even evil.