1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homecoming week...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Olive, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Olive

This week has been homecoming week at my school. Our days are:

Neon Color Day - Monday
    Favorite Farm Animal - Tuesday
    Transgender Day - Wednesday
    Aaaand after that nobody give a damn about the other two days.

Now, my school has a history of the senior class doing different 'unofficial' days. This year, Tuesday was goth/emo day. This normally wouldn't be bad, because it's just a style for the most part, but a lot of people took it waaaay too far by making fake cuts on their wrists, and could be heard mumbling the phase "I'm gonna go kill myself" all day long.

I'll leave you to form your own opinion about that.

Today, Wednesday, there wasn't any Senior day. Everybody participated in "Transgender Day". No, that's not a simplified name that the students called it, that was the district-sanctioned name decided on. A clear majority of the student body participated, if I had to guess I'd say well over 75%. Guys wore dresses that cis-girls would've been asked to change out of and girls mostly wore boxers, sagged their jeans to their knees, and wore a flatbill.

Again, the majority didn't take anything too far, but there were still quite a few people trashtalking trans people based off of what they've seen on Jerry Springer or something. Obviously, being the only trans student in this school (That I know of) I was pretty f*cking offended. Everybody in school that I'm out to texted me to ask me what I thought of it. I don't have a problem with people doing it for fun or for school spirit, but that wasn't everybody, just the people that I noticed.

All-in-all, I found today extremely depressing and insulting. I'm kinda debating whether or not to write a letter to my administration about it...

2. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Transgender day? Really?

If I were you, I would definitely write a letter to them. That's pretty offensive. Wow, I just can't...

3. HatterMad

Yeah, I agree. That's not something to be made light of. They should be educating kids about it, not making light of it.