1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have You Ever Been In Love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LailaForbidden, Oct 5, 2012.

?

Have you ever been in love?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. LailaForbidden

I'm not sure if i've been in love before. I may have come close... So, naturally, my question is, have you every been in love? How did you know and what did it feel like? :icon_wink

2. yeah.

my first serious girlfriend i was in love with. i never thought i could fall in love at 18 and i didnt really want to but i did.... accidently. felt like my life was a movie for about a whole year like literally she was the only girl i could see when we were together, she would notice other people staring at us as we would walk down the street but i was totally oblivious to it. like.... the world stood still when i was around her.... sounds so weird, i cant explain it.

whenever i was due to go up town to see her (we were ldr) i couldnt think about it because i would feel sick from nerves/excitment even after a year my feelings were still the same. silences werent awkward and we could even just lay next to each other in silence just looking into each others eyes and smiling. i was just always happy. i liked the way she made me feel, no one made me feel like that before. it just felt so weird but so right. she knew me inside out.

it was nice while it lasted. its been years since we split but now i dont miss her but i miss that feeling :\

3. TearDropFairy91

Yes, many times, but it ended up being fake or really you just can't define love.but this time yes,but we just had a fight over something stupid :icon_sad: :dry: :confused:

4. Minamimoto_Fan

Yes, but it wasn't mutual. We broke up, became friends again, and then I found out how much of an asshole my ex really was. Love can make you blind to the worse things in the person.

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. Not even close, I think.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I haven't. One day I will though. :slight_smile:

7. IllusiveRannoch

no (at least not yet). but love is going to be seen differently by different people. i like Wikipedia's definition: 'Love is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment.[1] Love is also said to be a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection —"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".[2] Love may describe compassionate and affectionate actions towards other humans, one's self or animals.'

^=full of win:slight_smile:

8. Mimerio

3 times - all un-reciprocated

1st time - heterosexual (understandable)
    2nd - we don't see each other anymore (we ended up friends)
    3rd - we see each other as brothers and it'd be an L.D.R if it were to happen.

9. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I'm not sure, but I'm leaning toward yes. Unfortunately, it was entirely one-sided (we never even dated).

10. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, this is a tough question for just a 'Yes' or 'No' answer. I did have one serious crush back in high school, oddly enough on a girl. But I keep in mind I was never a very social person, there weren't really any other girls I got to know well, and that I connected with her better than any other friends I'd known longer. While I imagined the idea of going out with her, I never thought of her in that way [if you get my drift.] Maybe I 'loved' her, but wasn't 'in love' with her.

So, I'm going to say 'No' only because I don't think I've felt ever anything deeper for another person than the aforementioned infatuation.

11. Doctor Faustus

No never. :tears:

12. Delta

I feel love very clearly for my girlfriend. It's hard, because we fight a lot, but you just know, in your heart, that there is no one in the world you want to kiss more than them. And when they hold you close, even if things aren't okay, it's somehow all okay.

13. BNQ2012

I've liked someone a lot and I've been infatuated with people, but "in love" is something that I don't think I've ever experienced.

14. madi

Yes. With a boy. He loved me back too and we thought we were each other's true loves as cheesy as that is especially at my age. Unfortunately my feelings haven't changed, but his have...He doesn't love me anymore, but I am still hopelessly in love with him. We are still friends.

15. HatterMad

Love is cheesy, but....What does age have to do with falling in love?
    I don 't think the definition of "in love" changes so much as we grow up.

Yes. I fell in love this summer and I believe he did too. And by things we couldn't help we are not in contact now.... what happens next I odn't know, but here's what tipped me off that it was "real"...

When I met him I was a mess. And he cared about me. When I was no longer with him I didn't curl up and die...instead I decided to be whatever good he saw in me.

Even if I never see him again I"m going to live in a way that would make him proud.

16. pancake111

I have, but not how you think

17. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I was.

18. rmf

rmf Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! It feels awesome! :slight_smile: Three years later and we're engaged :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Calico

Nope. I'm still waiting...

20. Rarar

Yes. It was the magical, wonderful stuff of the movies, but also insanely jealous, obsessive and crazy.