1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aliens....... r they real?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Witchcraft, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

ive read alot about aliens(thats what i do alot)and stories abot people getting abducted and ive heard that 75% of americans belive we are being visited by them.and i think there could be a big chance that there is other life in the univerese.and its possible that gods in mythology may have been aliens.do any of u belive in aliens?cuse i do

2. Ty

Ty Guest

My dad does. He has a whole bookshelf dedicated to the subject... I'll post a picture tomorrow.

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I definitely believe in aliens, Im sure that we just havent found them and I think its very possible that the gods in mythology were actually aliens.

4. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

have any of u heard about crop circles?

5. ohioboy

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yea, Im pretty sure crop circles are all just a bunch of hoaxes.

7. JSG

JSG Guest

Do you believe we're all alone in the entire universe?
    I doubt it.

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

do any of u have any experiences with ufos cuse my grandma said she saw 1 when she was little

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I thought I saw a UFO once LOL but I don't think it was real... prolly something else xD but I don't think we are alone in a HUGE universe XD if the earth can evolve life, so can other planets... when life evolved on earth oxygen was not needed (I think...) so... meh... idk xD

10. ohioboy

looks real but probably not
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=FtKuBKIaVvs[/YOUTUBE]

11. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

That video is awesome

12. smartguy

omg that video is the clearest i have seen on aliens

EDIT:
    actually, now that i see it again, i think its fake
    the woman seems unenthusiastic and it IS from scifi...

#12 smartguy, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  13. Vampyrecat

Y'all should watch some MIB. That's a good pair of movies. Seriously, Y'all watch it, it proves the fact that all postmen are aliens. Yeah. Serious.

Nah, I believe in aliens and ET's. Its probably more then likely that we are so far behind in technology that they can't be bothered with us.

14. WilbersRevenge

I completely agree

15. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

the video that ohioboy posted. i saw that video alot of times belive or not. cuse i go on youtube searching things like that.

16. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you watch Battlestar Galactica?

17. wherewulfe

lets look at the drake equastion
    first, how many stars in the galaxy
    think how many have planets
    how many of those planets are habitable
    how fast life evolves on said planet
    then life that can communicate
    then how long they will survive while we comunicate

and with that you get the number of planets with actual civilizations

18. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

ive heard that they discovered a planet that looks like earth

19. smartguy

theres probably a bunch
    but if said aliens exist, nothing says they are like us

20. Alex89

I definitely believe there is other life in the universe. Just because we lack the technology to go searching doesn't mean we're alone...just think about how many planets there are in existence and the chances of us being alone are incredibly small.

One of the arguments is that we've been sending out radio-waves for decades but gotten no answer. I did a project on it in physics, and the waves we've sent have only just reached our next closest solar system! Even if other life was in the CLOSEST possible solar system to us, it would still be about 50 years before we'd receive a reply!

Another thing is, a lot of people think the universe is infinite - which means there are an INFINITE number of planets that have evolved life EXACTLY like Earth!

I reckon it's kind of arrogant to assume we're the only life just because we don't have the tech to see very far outside earth yet.

Here's something random to think about - if the Sun disappeared, based on the speed of light we wouldn't know until half an hour after! And the next closest galaxy to use could have exploded and disappeared 1 MILLION YEARS AGO, but we will still be seeing it for thousands of years through our telescopes without realizing because the light from it is still in the process of getting to us. Weird to think about, isn't it?

So alien contact is a waiting game - we might receive a signal tomorrow, but most likely that signal was sent thousands or millions of years ago, and only just reached us and a reply from us would take the same time to get to them, if they still existed...