1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went to

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thandrami, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Thandrami

I went to my first gay nightclub (actually my first club in general lol) last night. It was definitely different. I was kind of dragged there by my friend.

I basically just kind of stood against the wall because I don't dance and when my friend did drag me onto to the dance floor all I did was kind of sway and bounce.

I don't know if I am going to go back. Im kind of socially awkward and being around that many people made me really really nervous. But hey at least I can say I have been to one now.

2. Kat kanu

try taking people you know

3. Thandrami

Well I was with someone and I was still terrified to dance (because i can't so i look stupid) and i know everyone is dancing so they all look kinda stupid

4. huskerdont

Out Status:
    A few people
    I get really nervous in situations like that too and always kinda beat myself up for it. I kinda realized that there isn't necessarily anything wrong with me, I'm just not the sort of person who likes to go clubbing.

I'd be too nervous to even go to a gay club, so props to you for that and I'm a bit jealous of your confidence to try it out.

5. TheSquirrels

TheSquirrels Guest

Ditto, huskerdont. Here's actually a club near me, it's primarily LGBT, but as my friend puts it "Straight people go there too!" The only chance I would have had to go would have been with a friend of mine, but we don't see each other any more, and I don't want to go as a way of outting myself, lol. I hope to go to a different club with other people some time in the future.

Thrandrami, would it help if you went with the explicit desire to act awkward? I also feel awkward, so I dance very tensely at parties, but my friend from above knows that she sucks at dancing, is a lot more fluid in her dancing, and I think people enjoy the outgoing bit more than the actual dancing, lol.

6. speedracing22

I personally don't like clubs - gay or straight ones. Probably because like you, I hate to dance, so I end up standing on the side. My friend has been trying to drag me to a gay club for over a year now but it's not for me.

7. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the way i see it. you go to clubs in order to dance and look stupid anyways. this is just from my personal experience but everytime I've been to a club everyone dancing was either with a large group that went just to have fun and cut loose, or drunk in either case you all look dumb its what places like that are for. to have a good time and not care about what the people around you think.

8. prism

Hey Thandrami,

Not every experience is going to be a good one. Honestly, for clubs and bars, it depends on the night and who you're with.

Out of curiosity, were you drinking? I would never be able to dance without a little liquid courage. Just enough to take the edge off and make a situation seem less awkward. No one cares if everyone is having fun! You don't have to drink though; I know a lot of people that don't drink and can still have a good time at clubs and bars.

Personally, I hate clubs. I hate club dancing. Guy or girl, I don't like randomly being grinded on or pulled somewhere by strangers. However, I'm not going to say that I'll never go to a club again, because I've never been to a gay bar/club before. Be open to any and all experiences! Life is too short to accurately rule out what you like and don't like.

9. Thandrami

I was with a good friend of mine so i was glad to be there with her and she tried to make me dance but it didn't work. She suggested that next time we go that we show up a little buzzed for your exact reason, to take the edge off. We would have to do it before we showed up because we are both underage.