1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formals/Dances

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Micah

So highschool is the time of parties and more importantly formals and school dances. So, would you ever take a guy as your 'date'? or would you follow tradition and take a girl friend? Personally, I'm taking one of my awesome friends this year (second final year) and a guy in my final year. Reason? Honestly, it would probably be to make a "splash" and get people talking/discussing homosexuality since it's obviously a part of my (all guys) school, yet nobody talks about it.

What about you guys?

2. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always avoided dances because I'm in the closet, though I've been asked a few times to them.

3. Brandon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This year I went to my first gay prom with a old High School friend. It was niceto see all the openly gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people. Because a lot of them aren't afraid to be who they are. I had a great time, and even took a picture with my friend. I guess you can kind of say I was his date.

Also they said it was a High School type thing, so I had wondered if me and my friend were the only older guys there at the prom which I doubt. It was also the first time I actually went on the dance floor and danced with my friend.

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

I go with my girlfriends & an guy of my choice if available. I've decided from now on im not going to hide but im not going to flaunt. So if a formal or a dance comes up hell yes ill take a guy if i can get one, if not, ill travel in style with my girls. Go as a group, leave as a group.

At a dance, i'll dance with however asks me to, as long as its a slow dance, i cant dance at all, i can waltz and do that kinda style of dancing but like me trying to dance hip-hop or even pop. :lol: No way.

Thats one thing i always wish i was good at, dancing.

5. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    For smaller dances, such as Homecoming, I usually go with a girl, a group of friends, or stag and really only dance with girls and I think I'll do the same for Junior Prom. But for Senior Prom I'm really hoping I can get up enough courage to bring a guy. That'd be pretty awesome.

6. NACHO

To Tell You The Truth Ive Never Been To A High School Dance Like Prom Or What Ever. Im Going To Be A Junior And Ive Been Invited To Porm My Freshmen And Sophmore Year, But Ive Said No. I Realy Dont Like The Misuc They Play Im More Into House, Club Electonic Music Not Rap And Hip Hop. But It Would Be Nice To O With A Guy. Like One Of My Freinds Friend Went With This Guy To A Dance At His Highschool [ Its Called Sadies ] And Each Couple Goes Draced The Same Like The Same Shoes Shirts And Hhat Have You. So This Two Guys Whent And One Of The Shirts Sai Top And The Other One Bottom. I Guess It Was Cool Because My Freind Told Me That Nobosy Said Annything That It Was All Normal.

7. step49x

I usually just went with girls who asked me.

I've never heard of any guys going as a couple at my high school. There was one gay guy that I knew who used to go, but he usually just went with a group.

8. tired_of_lying411

I have never been to a dance in my life, or even a party for that matter.
    and im going into grade ten.

I would never have the courage (right now) to go with a guy. Maybe if I was completely out.

My brother is 10 years older than me and there was a gay couple at his senior prom. I didnt even know I was gay then, so it didnt mean a whole lot to me then, but now it does.

Everyone cheered for them.

I want that some day