1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Going to China!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kovax14, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

At my school, seniors are given the opportunity to take part in an internship during the last 6 weeks of school (starting May 5). I have been trying to figure out what I wanted to do, and my dad just got back from south africa yesterday with an AWESOME idea! He was talking to two of his associates from China, one from Beijing and one from Shanghai, and they offered to let me stay with each of them for free! I would be in beijing for the first 3 weeks and then shanghai for the last 3. What is even better is that my dad has enough frequent flier miles that I will be flying to China for free! So basically, its a free trip to China for 6 weeks. WOOHOO. I'll unfortunately have to miss senior prom, but after weighing things up I realized that it would be crazy to turn down this incredible opportunity in favor of prom..a single night that could potentially be disappointing

2. Vampyrecat

Wow, what an amazing opportunity. You are so lucky. I think by the time I've gone to uni and paid off my Hex debt and earned enough money to go to england I'll be at least thirty. That's the earliest I'm looking at going overseas.
    Have a great time.

3. Nicknikko

ohh wow!

good for you! I have never been to China but i would lovee to! :grin: i wanna go this summer for the olympic games so ya... :grin:

lucky! awesome:]

4. sdc91

Oh wow. I've been to Beijing and Tianjin. You'll truly be shocked at everything. It totally blasts the stereotypes out of the water.

Oh, and every 10th car in China is a brand new black Audi A6, it seems. lol

5. davo-man

OMG, thats awesome...have a great time, Im sure you will. It's great that as time goes on, more and more young people are getting the oppurtunity to goe overseas and experience other cultures

6. Brett

OMG I'm soooo jealous! I love Asia!!! And chinese food must be even better in China!!! I hope you enjoy yourself!!!

7. Levi

Levi Guest

I think they call it just food. ^

I would love to go to China, or anywhere really. Have fun!

8. kevinx519

haha sweet. chinas such a great place to visit. and the fact that youre going to two of the most cultural cities there. i hope you have a great time. oh and of course, i heard the shopping is pretty great too. =)

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    China has one of the oldest recorded histories in the world and should be very exciting seeing how their culture differs from much of the western world. I'm taking a class on Chinese History and it seems fascinating, you'll have to let us know how it was. :thumbsup:

10. Bader

Bader Guest

Oh wow! ive always wanted to see china !
    Good luck ! and i hope u have loads of fun :grin:

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Going to China would be so much better than the prom. You made the right decision.

12. Jeimuzu

You are so lucky. I'm trying to do trips like that, and it'll cost me somewhere in the range of £1000-£1500.

13. lodiug

How cool! I've always wanted to go to china!

14. s5m1

What a great, possible once in a lifetime, opportunity!

15. kgmn

That is sooo cool. And you are moderately fluent in chinese too right? Good luck and have fun :slight_smile:

16. panda

Wow!! What an opportunity!As I look back on my prom........Wait ..I can't remember it.

17. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

oh yeah it is...my dad goes there every year and brings back loads of DVDs from the street and fake rolexes, ralph lauren shirts etc. its pretty hilarious sometimes, he found one lacoste shirt that had the alligator on the sleeve because it was made so poorly! lol

18. kevinx519

haha. yeah! sometimes some of the cheap stuff in china are knockoffs. but you gotta be careful about bringing back DVD's. you could get stopped at the airport when leaving. oh yeah! and be careful of the weight limit of your luggage. when i went to vietnam 3 years ago, my family friend's baggage weighed too much and they ended up having to throw some stuff away. theyll try to weasel out money from you, too.

19. Fiorino

Wow-that's a great opportunity, i'm really jealous!!
    I want to go to Japan sometime, but I haven't found anyone
    to house me for the time being. :cry: