1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just started wearing Rainbow Pin on my backpack.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubblyhappy, Oct 7, 2012.

1. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I had gotten a rainbow pin and pinned it on my backpack.
    Does this mean I'm out to the public without telling a word.
    I feel like I have to start wearing a rainbow flag to establish that I'm now part of the community or annexed by the community and also I'm at a stage where I'm totally ok with my sexuality and its ok to signify that with a subtle symbolic logo.
    I hate when I get remarks when are you getting a girlfriend. this is the of telling them nope look I'm gay.

what do you think?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done the same thing, except with a small bracelet. And yes I do kind of see it as being "publicly out" without saying anything if people happen to notice it.

3. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

At first it was a little scary to brave it out, but my heart is telling me in order to move foreward in life, start being out publicly gradually. I don't really venture into bad neighborhoods that risk me as a target. but I'm always aware as lgbt, we are not really protected fully in the wild.

4. Retrospect

Like Lance, I have a rainbow bracelet. I think it shows confidence, and could inspire anyone you come across that's in the closet to consider coming out.

Proud of you! I was a little scared a few weeks ago when I started wearing it, but now I'd feel weird without it.

5. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

Thanks Lance and Retrospect. I'm also tired of writing very long coming out emails and then confronting people, I just want them to notice it and if they want to know more, I'll have coffee with them and talk to them. I have one regret, I wish I can talk to the guy friend my former best friend who told me to get out of his house when I came out to him. he never had a girlfriend, but he kept hugging me. do u think he's gay.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There really isn't enough information to say whether or not he could be. Having him throw you out of the house means either 1) he's just really homophobic or 2) he could be gay and in deep denial of it and he might think having a gay friend might make people think that he is gay as well. So he cut you out of his life. But that is for a separate thread. Lol

7. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

yea I know. but I'm more comfortable now in public with a rainbow pin.
    I also have a mini flag and a stretchy wrist band that I started wearing this past Friday.
    the great thing is no one knows you in public so the rainbow flag exposure is easier I think than having a person you know see it. I'm wearing it on my backpack tomorrow to work. I work in a small business so our dress code is casual. no jeans though.

8. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I think I'm still a frady cat, I had to hide my rainbow pin when I'm near a bunch of str8 guys who look violent looking. its one of those automatic stimuli.

maybe I don't need to since I wear a girls backpack anyway.
    I need to work on my confidence skills.

9. Ticklish Fish

You know, when I see rainbows nowadays, I just want to start singing Nyan Cat...

10. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

lol. that's really cute. :slight_smile: