1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys who love lesbians but hate gays?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Anyone else encountered this? It's annoying and incredibly stupid. Most homophobic guys in my school fit in this description because they think lesbians are hot and they're afraid gay men are going to hit on them and because gay men "act like 'girls'" I've heard the whole "i love lesbians, but hate gays" line from most homophobic people I know, which is not many, thankfully.

I've noticed on Facebook whenever there's a photo of two girls kissing everyone says "sexy :wink:"

But when two guys kiss, there is always a debate in the comment section between gays allied with straights who are okay with gays, homophobes, and super-duper religion folk ("hate the sin, love the sinner" people).

#1 wonderingdave01, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  2. speedracing22

Yeah, it's another reason why I think some people are so f--king stupid. lol Mostly I noticed this in high school. College gets way better for the most part though! People don't give a crap about this kind of stuff.

3. Lewis

Yeah, I think it's just lack of knowledge regarding gay men. I can see it from their point-of-view I guess. Two lesbians are naturally going to turn straight men on, but if they see two gay men, it's something they cannot relate to - understandable. I think it takes a straight man to really know a guy guy for them to realise they're not attracted to anything that has a dick.

4. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lesbians have to deal with the unfortunate stereotype a lot of men have in which they believe that lesbians are only lesbians so that they can fulfill men's sexual fantasies. Two girls making out? Time for a threesome. Girl says she's a lesbian? She's just never had sex with a real man before.

Not all guys are like that, but a striking sum of them are, and it's appalling.

5. Caoimhe Fayre

it's just different forms of homophobia and harassment. unfortunately there's still a lot of hetero-normative men out there who think or at least behave as if all women were made solely for their sexual pleasure, so they harass lesbians in a totally different way than they do gay men...

and as a Catholic lesbian, I've experienced a lot of the "hate the sin, love the sinner" self-righteous BS from "friends" who think that anytime I post anything that connects to my sexuality in any way, it must be an invitation to debate the validity of my "lifestyle".

but I agree, the typical reaction towards gay men tends to be more straightforwardly violent and the typical reaction towards gay women tends to be more perverted. neither situation is a comfortable or safe one to be in, if you are on the receiving end of such homophobia.

6. Level75

Guys don't "love" lesbians. To many, lesbians are only acceptable so long as they fulfill their role as self-pleasuring fantasy. I knew a guy from college who had a poster of 2 very attractive young women kissing on his ceiling. I don't think that was to show his support of equality.

7. J Snow

This could really be seen as being the byproduct of us living in a misogynistic society. Feminitity is thought of a weak or bad, and masculinity is the obvious superior.

Female homosexuality is okay because they are just striving to be more masculine.
    Male homosexuality is bad because they are expressing femininity.
    Female homosexuality is okay because it provides pleasure to heterosexual men.
    Male homosexuality is bad because it can provide fantasies for heterosexual men.

We still live in a very sexist society.

8. IanGallagher

Women on women action is HOT! But, I'm bi and so is boy and boy action to me. But, for straight guys the second thing doesn't click in - the first one does. Them liking lesbians doesn't make them any less homophobic. It's just - they like lesbians because they like to see two girls making out. It's a turn on.

9. aeva

I don't think it's fair that we fault them for being attracted to whatever they're attracted to. We should know better than anybody that it's not a choice.

HOWEVER, they can choose how they handle this attraction (i.e. not endlessly harassing lesbians) and attempt to open their minds in regards to the LGBT community as a whole.

10. Ticklish Fish

Sometimes I wonder if more straight girls are open and loud about how they find two hot boys kissing would change the situation...

Probably not...

11. Lessard

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My brother used to always be like that. 2 girls making out are hot and the other not. Good thing he's grown up and not that bad anymore.

12. Melissa

Regarding the opposite, I have found that many straight female anime fans are very vocal about their love for yaoi (boy/boy) and even more vocal in their distaste for yuri (girl/girl). Now I understand that I'm singling out a selective group, but it's just an example.

13. Ticklish Fish

except those girls tend to be grouped into asian-stuff-liker or anime nerd etc.

as opposed to, the type of woman (think of it like, the kind that half the HS dudes go for) that are vocal about man kissing man?

14. Pyrotactick

I know a friend who wished he was bisexual or gay.....I don't know why. I guess he's just curious and wants to be more sure :L

15. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I don't want to be a downer, but there are already several threads on this. However, I have noticed that.