1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for those of you who identify as "Bi"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by divadarya, Feb 3, 2008.

1. divadarya

First, I'm asking this respectfully and because I am genuinely curious;

Are you attracted to Trans people of either sex?

I'm curious because in a shallow way, we would seem to be ideal; a blend of elements of both genders in a single package. I've found that the men who like TG women("Tranny Chasers" or more nicely,"Admirers") are a diverse mix of guys who are very straight acting and generally(very generally) want a "chick with a dick" and often like girls that are "draggier"; some just like to have sex with Crossdressers(who may or may not be TG).
    I have friends who have had GRS* surgery and are finally who they want to be, only to find that if they are honest(and proud) about their trans identity they have a hard time finding loving partners.
    Whaddya think?

*GRS=Gender Reconfirming Surgery, (aka) SRS or Sex Reassignment Surgery, (aka) "the operation"

2. BabyBoy

Not me. At all.

Not to be disrespectful in any way at all, trust me. I'm just....not.

3. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

To be honest,I never even thought about it until I read your threads.
    Never ran across any trans people,but I would have to say yes.
    A woman and a guy combined in a way,it's great to me.

4. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Same here...no offence.

5. Dizzy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I'd mind that they were TG, as it were. I am personally so pro gender fluidity that I would like to spend time with someone who is interested as much as I am! :icon_wink

I'm not sure if I would find them MORE attractive that someone who wasn't transgender, however I would find them less so, I don't think. I just like people, really. Gender doesn't matter, even if sometimes physical attractiveness does.

6. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I don't think I'd have a problem at all, although I don't know if I'd "prefer" them - I like to think I just go for the person, and if they happen to be transgendered, then hey!!

7. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sexually, not at all (sorry). But as friends or even for love, sure. However, I don't think I could be sexually aroused by a transgender partner, even if I loved him/her.

8. divadarya

Thanks, everyone...
    I'm not taking offense at all.It seems to go right to the core of the freedom we are fighting for;freedom to love and be attracted to anyone we like. I personally, do "get" bi-sexuality for that very reason. I have a lot of friends who refuse to be classified, and identify as Genderqueer.
    Cool..thanks, everyone.

9. Nerdtendo

I second that motion. I love every body! no matter the gender(s) the body may be.

10. Alexander

Please remember the difference from transgender and transsexual when you are replying to this thread - it will make it soo much more accurate.

Transgender - A person who is a male in a female body, or a female in a male body.
    Transsexual - A person who once had a male or female body, but had reassignment surgery (either complete or partial).

11. divadarya

It's actually a little fuzzier than that....There are post-ops who refer to themselves as Transgendered and what we call "Non-ops" who choose not to have surgery for a variety of reasons, although they still live completely in the other sex role....a lot of them call themselves "Transsexual"; I do, for example although I'm pre-op.

This is still a controversial topic within our community, since it tends to set up a hierarchy that's really not there(I mean, who's gonna know unless you're having sex with them?)

Just to confuse things further, there are Intersex people who were born with genitalia that don't conform to the "normal". I have a friend who has a penis and ovaries, for example. I know many Intersex men and women who were born with extremely large clitorises, also.

Not really correcting you, just welcoming you all to our confusion :bang:

12. Level N Human

I think for myself personally, I fall for people regardless of their gender - it's the person themself and who they are first and foremost, so I doubt a trans or intersex person would make a difference to me. I guess the more accurate term would be pansexual, but I just use the term bisexual to avoid technicalities and confusion. ^^ It's not a bonus, since I'm not in love with boys and girls all at once or anything; but I doubt it would deter me either. :grin:

13. Alexander

hehe

I know things are confusing, I was just attempting to set a baseline definition for people so this doesn't get REALLY confusing :thumbsup:

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i would definately consider a trans person. i don't know if it would work out in reality, but then, that goes for everyone atm. i definately would say that i would be a open to one :slight_smile:

15. biisme

sorry...same here

16. crystaltriforce

that's a good question, i guess i would have to say it depends on the person.

17. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I've never really thought about it before.

But, last night I had a dream that I made out with a transgendered girl in a (very clean) public bathroom...

18. Derek the Wolf

I have the highest respect for transgender people, but I'm not very attracted to them. That said, I can't really control who I fall in love with. I'm a very open-minded person.

19. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Sexually, for me it depends on if they are attractive or not.
    The bits don't really matter. But if they are hot, they are hot. Penis or not.

:grin:

20. klimt019

klimt019 Guest

I identify as bi, and I definitely think that I would be capable of having a romantic and/or sexual relationship with a transgender/transsexual person. I just don't think it would bother me. I have seen some transsexuals that I consider very attractive, actually.

However, I'm not really into people who don't identify with a certain gender (like those that identify themselves as "genderqueer"). It's not that I'm intolerant of these people, but I don't consider them appealing in either a romantic or sexual way (no offense).