Opening up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pain, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Yo.

Well, LDR's are tough. I'm in one, and it's difficult, but we're managing. But, I wanna know; does shifting a relationship to being open work? Trying to make everybody happy in this case...

So, how do y'all feel about open relationships, "taking a break," or other "solutions" to LDR's?

2. i seem to only have ldrs but i mean still in the uk, not like across the other side of the world. they suit me better..... so im not smothered by someone.

i took a 'break' once (for 3 days lol) when i was with my ex, it didnt work..... i got so jealous that they were out seeing other people while i was sitting there still in love. we got back together after but things werent the same. if i was in a relationship again and my s/o needed a break it probably isnt working anyway, so why not break up for good? it would be less messy/painful.

during that relationship aswell i also had an open relationship...... that didnt work either. we seemingly tried to do everything to get ourselves back to where we were when we fell in love but things just werent the same. we didnt want to admit defeat though, so it was a long drawn out process of a falling apart relationship really, trying to keep the other happy but it didnt work :s

but i did it once, i wouldnt do it again though, cuz if they were in love with me then they would surely want to stay with me.... :s

but if other people want to do it then thats their business and i have no prob with it.

3. kylo

OUt of the relationships that I've been in the majority of them have been LDR's. So I know first hand how difficult they can be. My boyfriend now wanted to " take a break " months ago and see about maybe meeting new people tat lived closer to us but I refused. And now we are doing super well and are super happy together. We always try and drive to see each other every weekend when possible if only for a few hours.

I think it depends on you. If you think you would feel comfortable with you talking to other people, and the person you are dating then it may be worth it if yall are going through a rough spot. For me I find that writing letters, skyping on cam reguarly, and other similar stuff can really help when in a LDR. Best of luck to you. :slight_smile: