1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about Guys >.<

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nathaniel, Oct 11, 2012.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

so i tried meeting some guys you know? but i would get to know them amd i would ask what typ
    pe of boyfriend would you want. and they always say masculine >.< im not at all! but seriously when i thinkabout it i honestly dont care if i dated a guy who is masculine or flamboyant or what ever im a very open minded person. idk its just i feel automaticity rejected when i was told that.... so i just give up. I'm just confused why people set they minds on the ''perfict'' person for them when they could bee missing out on something better you know?
    :eusa_doh:

2. Muraba

Muraba Guest

They probably just have their preferences in men. Keep looking, don't give up.

3. Eclipse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How old are the people you're trying to get to know? If they're around your age they're probably too young to want anything more than the physical portion of a relationship. When I was about 14 my friends were always going for the perfect girls. Their conduct did not matter. As long as they had the perfect looking lass they were very satisfied. This does become a little better by the late teens and early 20s, though, so look forward to that.

I'd also suggest not going for a boyfriend unless you're fully prepared to see how shallow young people can be. I'm hoping you're already aware that a boyfriend isn't necessary and that you should always seek happiness from within. Having somebody by your side can be nice, but it complicates things. Give yourself time to be you.

4. Gen

Gen

I'm know exactly what you mean. You know it is just a personal preference, but it does still sting a bit.

I know it seems like the majority of guys tend to 'prefer' masculinity, but in reality I think its a lot less simple. One of the largest problems is that the connotation of the non-masculine is a lot, less appealing then the masculine. It is usually the men who are the staple of masculinity that are praised in society. The idea that femininity brings weakness, idiocracy, and extreme flamboyance still rings true in the minds of the vast majority.

Do let it get you down, and dont even think about not being your full self because of it. My feminine side was harder to accept then my sexuality. It is something I still struggle with from time to time today. They are no better than you are, and there are still many out there who will see that. (*hug*)

5. HatterMad

6. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

omg. this is things I hear on ******* dating site I'm on. most gay men there will not date me because I'm too feminine for them.

---------- Post added 11th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

I'm one of the weaker frail ones since I'm the feminine type. I guess I'm not society's praise. This is why I love to rebel against society by breaking the gender expression rules.

7. Luke Matt

I'll tell you what I think.

I think flamboyant guys are pretty fun/entertaining to be around & I'm sure there's plenty of them willing to commit to a somewhat serious relationship (moreso than some masculine guys), but I'm just not attracted to them; it's how I'm wired. I don't mind if there's some small aspects of their personality that are slightly flamboyant (I'm not THAT shallow), but I just couldn't bring myself to date a guy who is openly flamboyant/"stereotypically" gay (I apologize if that comes across offensive). IN SAYING THAT, though, I'm not attracted to the overly masculine type, either. I like your average, for the most part masculine guys who play video games & like chilling with mates :slight_smile: