1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing my legs when I sit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubblyhappy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

Here's what I noticed about myself. I cross my legs with the knees together like a woman. I've been doing this since I was a child.
    I remember when I was still in the closet years back, I tried to sit in public with my legs crossed like a dude (feet on knee) and boy my feet did hurt.

I guess I'm not built like a guy. I have a more girlish figure even though I'm a guy. I'm skinny built, always been as a child. since I'm openly gay in public, I'm happy crossing my legs like a woman, its so natural when I sit down.

any of you notice how you cross your legs when you sit.

2. Kat kanu

i usually put my feet on the chair but in public i cross my legs at the knee

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kind of fold myself into positions that are much more comfortable than they look.

4. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I sit how a guy usually does(foot on knee). I've tried it how females do and it gets uncomfortable fast. I think my legs are too big for it, lol.

5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the same as Maddy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but I've been doing it since I was a kid as well.

6. Luke Matt

If I'm slouched in a chair/on the train, I generally cross my legs at the feet (i.e. 1 foot over the other). I can't recall a time where I crossed my legs at the knee, though (but that's got nothing to do with the fact that it's considered (by most) feminine. Moreso because I don't find it comfortable! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

7. Ruthven

I don't cross my legs at all. Sometimes they'll sorta be crossed at like the ankle when I have them stretched out, but that's it.

8. Gen

Gen

I know what you mean. Sometimes when I cross my legs my jumbo thighs start weighing in :grin:.

But, I find it quite comfortable other times. My legs can get pretty crazy when I sit. I just do whatever is comfortable.

I will usually do the knee/foot way more in public, just because. Though when I sit like that I usually will grab my ankle with both hands, and if I am very entergetic I sorta of rock back and forth. It looks just as gay :lol:

9. I do a combination of everything. But when I sit like a dude (foot over knee), I lose feeling in my foot and it gets uncomfortable.

10. Emberstone

I am muscular, and for the most part, more masculine than Feminane, and I cross my legs. I think the reason alot of people assume it is a female thing is based on the fact that women would cross their legs so as to not present things one does not usually show in public.

I cross my legs because I am tall, and therefore, have long legs, meaning it is more comfortable to cross my legs when sitting in most chairs. When I am alone, most of the time I see lotus style, regardless if it is my computer chair, or my couch; my mom thinks it is because I dont vacumn my floor once a week, though it is simply because for me, that is the most comfortable position to sit for long periods of time.

11. redstormrising

me too. when i do sit with my legs crossed, it's often with one leg kind of wrapped around the other. so say i've got my legs crossed at the knee, i'll have my left leg from hip to knee over the right, but then from knee down tucked behind the right, so that my left foot is once again to the left of my right foot. i guess that's kind of hard to picture, but i've been told i look like a pretzel

12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have tried crossing my legs "as a woman," and it doesn't really work. I tend to cross with my left ankle just above my right knee.

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm weird.. I tend to sit in any position. It can be any position at any given time, and it doesn't usually last more than 30 seconds at a time. I was once asked how I was sitting while the topic was the question of what my gender was, and at the time, I was sitting criss-cross-applesauce on the chair. :\

14. HatterMad

I don't cross them at all, not that I've notcied anywyas.

15. speedracing22

Am I the only one who thinks that crossing them the "girl" way at the knees hurts my d**k? lol I mean it's just not comfortable in general for me, but it really hurts that area specifically. Just saying...

I hardly ever cross my legs either way though.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It doesn't hurt my genitals though, lol... It does place some stress on my calves though.

17. aeva

I definitely sit with my legs crossed less than the average straight girl. Of course, it depends where I'm sitting, but a lot of the time I find myself sitting like a guy.

18. Gen

Gen

Exactly.

It is possible to put stress on your genitals in that position, but there are better ways to sit in that position.

19. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For awhile, back in grade school, I would often sit at my desk with one leg tucked up under the other on the seat [if that picture makes sense.] However I stopped sometime in eighth or ninth grade when some assholes were mocking the way I sat.

Since then I pretty much just keep both feet on the ground, sometimes resting one leg across and on top of the other [so oddly enough, just the opposite of what I used to do...]

20. rx79g

I kind of do something in between. I cross my calf over my knee so it's more like the "girl" way but it leaves an open triangle between my legs. I usually put my hands then in that triangle cuz they get cold a lot. Probably looks really flamboyant but it's the comfiest way I've found yet. I do definetly like sitting lotus-stle though (not to sound ignorant but that's the same thing as "Indian style", right? I realize that may or may not be politically correct but that's how I was taught it in the Midwest.)