1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shopping

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Haley M, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Haley M

Haley M Guest

So I went shopping today by myself to get some new clothes (girl clothes). First stop was kohls. I got a few cute tops which was great. Second stop was Payless. I felt awkward in here because this one guy was looking at sneakers by the woman's shoes and he saw me looking at the woman shoes. I think he knew what was up. He kept staring at me even on the checkout line. I stood my ground though and it felt great. I finally had the mindset of shopping for girls clothes without worrying what other people think.

2. J Snow

Congrats, that takes a lot of courage. I'm lucky that most of my clothes were given to me by another trans friend, or I have another trans friend that works at walmart so I go through while she's checking out. Or I might have a female friend go shopping with me. That feeling you get when you are shopping for girl clothes in boy mode is really uncomfortable and I think its awesome that you just did it without letting them hurt you.

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Thanks jsnow. It felt great! I need to be careful I don't go on a shopping spree, lol.

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ahhhhw:icon_redf

I have a friend that can help me buy girl clothes without any problem (in fact she helped me once, tried to buy shoes, but there weren't any of my size); but even that I feel sooooo nervous just by looking at the clothes.

So I've been thinking, I always prefer to do things on my own (you never know when the person you rely on might be unavailabe), so I've been considering for some time to just go and buy something nice for me en my own, to shake the fear out.

But saying and doing are two different things right?

If it's not much ... indiscretion..., would you tell me more about your experience? Maybe that help me get the courage to do it on my own. :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

5. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Sure. I went into the store knowing exactly what I was looking for. I went early in the morning so there would be less people. I did a quick walk through the store to get an idea of the layout and to make sure I didn't see anyone I knew. Then I just starting going through all the clothes like I owned them. From that moment on it felt great. There were other women around me shopping and I tried to take notice if they were looking at me and they weren't. I got a little scared when I was going through clothes and I was right where this other woman wanted to be but I walked away and came back to that spot when she left. When I got to the registers, this nice young woman helped me and I immediately asked for gift receipts. She said sure and I paid and left. It felt so good. Then I couldn't wait to try the clothes on. :slight_smile:

6. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :icon_redf:icon_redf:icon_redf

I went all red just by reading. But I liked those tips, I think I'll be putting them on work as soon as I have money to go shopping (and manage to make up my mind). Well, every tip except for the gift receipts, here on my city we don't have those yet.

Thanks a looooooooooot for the tips!!!!!! :kiss:(*hug*)

7. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Oh ok. Yeah the biggest thing is to just be yourself and pretend you own the place haha. No one knows you and it's no ones business why you are shopping for women's clothing!

8. RainDreamer

It is so nice to be able to do that by yourself. D=

One time a group of friends (all female, and straight as far as I know) invite me to join them to do "girl" shopping after a party. No idea if they know about me or not, but it was so fun to go around and help them choose clothes, even though I never get to wear those clothes.

9. darlig ulv

Wow, congratulations! Just remember, your outside is overrated, keep being who YOU are.(*hug*):kiss:(*hug*):kiss:

10. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I can't wait to do it again! Maybe I can try to top this experience and shop for a skirt or a dress. Probably will take some time to get there though.

11. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

A lot of girls look at me when I buy girl sneakers or swags at a shoe store, I don't know if its envy. I'm a size 7 in girls shoes even though I'm a guy. I've also wore flats before. Payless has them cheap. As for me buying girl clothes, no one cares in the checkout.

Emily, was the guy gay in the shoe store? how did he stare?

12. Haley M

Haley M Guest

You are lucky to have small feet! Much more cuter shoes in those sizes. The guy was just looking at me funny. He was maybe in his late 40's and he was with his wife.

13. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

Some guys do that to me too especially the older men. I remember when I was in barnes and noble browsing for a particular book, this was many years back when I was in college. this old guy started following me in the aisles and stopped me and said, I like your skinny physique and he touched my arms and left embarrased when a security guard was watching him. the guy was a creep. I did feel violated. I was alone at the time.

#13 bubblyhappy, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  14. Haley M

Haley M Guest

That must have been scary.

15. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

totally. the guy wasn't gay I could tell. he was a creep.

16. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I can't wait to go shopping again! I may go this Thursday with one of my friends that knows about me. I hope she comes along because it will be so much easier!

17. LightningRider

Holy crap! CON-FRIGGIN-GRATS! (*hug*)
    That's the best way to shop!
    These clothes are meant for me and screw anyone who thinks otherwise!

Holy crap I just wanna high five you and do a happy dance for you! (!)
    :icon_bigg

You've made me want to go shopping for more guys clothes :lol:

18. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Lol thanks! I want to get more courage up and try for dresses and things like that too! Hopefully I can try stuff on in the dressing rooms too to find my sizes easier.