1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mascara.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Oct 12, 2012.

1. You may already know I'm cross dressing for Halloween

I need some advice for Mascara any type,brand or any kind of advice?

(Just buying and trying them out is what I should probably be doing first x3)

Also do any of you personally enjoy mascara yourself?

2. dont put too much on or it will go clumpy. if it does go clumpy get a makeup wipe and pull at your eyelashes..... not as in pull them out, but so it gets rid of the excess.

ones that are good;
    loreal telescopic
    natural collection lash curl
    no.7 exquiste curl
    collection 2000 skyscraper

i enjoy it, but its still tricky after years of doing to not get it on my eyelid :|

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I've always wanted to try mascara but always screwed it up trying to put it on. Are there any techniques that can be passed along to us?

4. itsjoanna

it just takes practice haha

5. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Yeah a lot of practice. I've tried and tried. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

6. Tycho

Take your time with mascara. Work with shaky hands not against them.
    Honestly I think its 10x easier to apply in comparison with something like eyeliner.

Anyway, usually when you go into a store they'll have a graphic on the mascara display that shows what mascara will suit what you are looking for (I think maybelline or loreal provides it?). Generally brands such as maybelline, loreal and cover girl are decent in quality and price.

I don't use eye make up all that often unless I can be bothered/remember to put some on haha.

7. Eleanor Rigby

You don't need to put too much money on it to get a good mascara. Plenty of drugstore's brands got pretty good ones.
    My favorite brand, mascara wise, is Maybelline. I especially like the Falsises and the Colossal. If you plan to wear this for a party, I'd advise you to get a waterproof formula so your mascara doesn't smudge during the evening (however, that means you have to get an eye makeup remover too, but you can find cheap and effective ones).
    Also, if mascara does make a huge difference to your eyes, don't expect a really spectacular effect either. If you want spectacular effect, like big bold lashes, do get some false eyelashes. You can find cheap ones quite easily (do check they're sell with an eyelashes glue in the package, you don't want to put regular glue on your eyes nor to purchase special glue just for one evening).
    False eyelashes are pretty easy to use, you just need a pair of tweezers and to take your time. There are lots of good tutorials on the internet, but I think a bit of practice before D-day can be useful. If you haven't used mascara before, I'd advise you to practice before D-day too. A good tip is to open your mouth while you're applying your mascara, for some reasons it makes it easier (at least for me).

Good luck with shopping and have fun :slight_smile: Cécile

8. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I experimented with mascara at one time, I didn't need it, my lashes are prominent anyway. its good to try it once in a while.

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Haha, my pleasure.:slight_smile: When you put it on, use your right hand putting it on your right eye and your left hand putting it on your left eye. That way you don't get any on the bridge of your nose. Hold the handle of the brush like a pencil so you have more control over moving it. Hold the brush against the base of your lashes and slide up, using a tiny zig-zag motion as you apply upwards to prevent clumping. This works with any brand- however, the lengthening style of mascaras tend to clump much less than the volumizing style. Have fun!:grin:

---------- Post added 13th Oct 2012 at 11:00 AM ----------

Also, I find it helpful to squint a little for a few minutes (or until you are sure its dry- different kinds have different drying times) after putting it on to prevent it from transferring onto your eyelid.

10. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Great tips. I'll have to try that. :slight_smile:

11. Olivier

When I'm out I hope to do drag, so ye I like mascara:slight_smile: haha and makeup in general:slight_smile: I think M.A.C has really good mascaras!

12. ^-^ thank you for the tips!

13. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you want your mascara to be thicker, put it on both sides of your lashes, top and bottom. Also, when you've just put it on, make sure you don't move your eyelids in a way that will make your lashes touch your skin, otherwise it will come off and leave speckles around your eyes. If this does happen, get a q-tip, lick it and use it to wipe away the spots. Q-tips are great because they are small and you'll be able to get them under the lashes without wiping away the mascara from the lashes themselves.

#makeupnerd