1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you the Predator or the Prey?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pat, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Pat

Pat

Okay guys and gals. What do you like? Do you like to be the one to initiate the conversation and beyond or do you like to be complimented and sought after?

2. Salazar

Is it weird that I hate being complimented? It's very nice to be complimented, but I always stand there awkwardly when it happens :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Pat

Pat

I don't like it either lol. It just depends

4. Romi

There are so many variables to consider, so it really depends. :\ I guess you could say I'm both.

5. Pat

Pat

So initially when someone contacts you, you could be receptive to both equally?

6. Pain

Pain Guest

Oh, I play it like we're both predators!~ Haha. I'll usually end up being the first one saying something mildly complimentary, and then it'll go on from there... :wink:

7. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I NEVER start a conversation, so I guess I choose to be the prey :slight_smile:

8. Bree

Totally prey. I'll walk up to somebody and initiate conversation, but from that point, if they don't step up and pursue, I lose interest in anything but friendship.

9. Eric

Ever so slightly off-topic, but when a stranger compliments me, I'm quite often put off and get a bit defensive. Generally though, I don't like initiating. I'm more interested in what people have to say to me, I guess.

10. BudderMC

Seconded.

Though for me at least, I think it's probably because I'm self-conscious and I can reasonably guess that if someone's making the effort to talk to me, they're at least interested in me for some reason.

I don't hate initiating though. I do it once in a while. More often than not though, I'd rather be talked to first. :slight_smile:

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Prey I guess, I don't feel comfortable initiating anything. Tho I agree with Eric.

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I used to be very much the prey, but when there weren't any predators going after me, I decided to take more initiative myself to try to make things happen. Problem is, I suffer from an unfortunate Catch-22 where I'm not really comfortable with either; I'm often too timid to be a predator, and too distrusting to be the prey. I always feel like I'm intruding into a guy's space if I show romantic interest in him, which isn't helped by the fact that I often feel as if my own space has been intruded upon when someone shows interest in me. I pity the poor guy who ever gets a crush on me, because I'm so suspicious about other people until I know exactly what their intentions are that unless he comes up to me and says right from the get-go, "Hi, you're cute," (which, let's face it, most guys don't have the chutzpah to do), I'll assume the worst about why he's talking to me, even if I think he's cute, too.

The way I work around this Catch-22 is to try to find a reasonable excuse (for myself, mostly) to become the guy's friend, or wait until that happens naturally, and THEN pop the question of whether he dates guys and tell him he's cute. It's worked out decently for me so far; I've at least managed to ask a few guys, even if I haven't had success yet.

13. aeva

I'm not sure. I'm definitely the one that takes the lead in relationships once things get started, but I have a REALLY hard time approaching girls, especially because I'm relatively new to the lesbian dating scene (I dated guys exclusively for several years before I finally figured things out, I've only been out for a year). But, because I'm a semi-femme girl looking for a semi-femme girl, things don't really work out in my favor...

14. vyvance

Prey. I'm far too shy and self-conscious to be the one initiating.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either. I'm flattered when someone approaches me, but I don't have any trouble seeing if a guy is interested.

Lex

16. RainDreamer

I am the tree. Just sitting there and do nothing, so uninteresting to the point of being invisible in plain sight. Yay.
    Though I would love to have someone watering me and take cares of my leaves and flowers.

17. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I am most often the prey, but once someone approaches I'm very good at giving people compliments.

18. CandyRayne

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that for me it really depends on what the other person feels like

19. SheWhoHasNoName

Predator but sometimes the prey. I like to initiate the conversation, talk to them, take the risks, come on to them subtly, etc. I think it's cute when they initiate. :slight_smile:

20. smprob

Er bad, looks like I'm the only one not interested in being any of it. If anyone approaches me some times I could be
    ^, but most times I'm totally ignorant to it.
    But def the first if I'd be really interested in someone.