1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell us about... "The One That Got Away"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pat, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Pat

Pat

Lol.. I want to know about that guy/girl from that part of your life that you still think about the most. What was it like being with him/her, the first time you saw him/her and what part do you regret or miss the most about being with him/her. Blehh.. I have to go first.

Mine's name is Bo. Through 3 years of high school he was the only boy I wanted. The first time I saw him was the 7th Grade, he had come from a private school and he was the most adorable boy I had ever seen, like a little angel. He was actually crying when I met him because the guys at school were giving him a really hard time since all of their gfs thought he was handsome. We broke contact after that but I always saw him, in 10th Grade we finally had a class together. He would stare at me with those big brown eyes and wink or lift his eyebrows anything to make me laugh at him. In the end, I never told him I was gay in those years and although I had moments where i've come on to him I never wanted to pressure him into doing anything. I still live with that regret of not telling him because now he's gone and in the marines and we don't talk anymore. I feel the regret because I think I did everything right other than telling him about me as far as respecting him..and it STILL didn't work. :/ I think the thing I miss the most about him was his scent, his smile and how he was literally the most charming boy i've ever been around without trying. Anyways! Tell me about your guy/girl.

2. HatterMad

aw geez :frowning2:

mine wasn't taken away, we were forced apart.

Also...there's still a chance I'll see him again....:eusa_pray

3. Pat

Pat

There's no story...:dry: Come on! :eusa_clap

4. channel48

Sam. 6th grade. She had blonde hair and deep brown eyes. She wore glasses with purple frames and flowers. She was the first girl that made me question my sexuality. Once we were watching movie in class. She rested her head on my shoulder and everything felt right. I hadn't felt like that with a guy. I know I was still a little young but I'd always felt uncomfortable around guys but being with her was perfect. At that time I was ignoring my attractions to other girls. She liked me but I wouldn't let it happen. We used to talk on the phone all the time. She moved at the end of 6th grade I moved to California and lost her number and her. :frowning2:

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, there was this one guy.

I don't think he so much got away as he ran away. Well, maybe I pushed him. I'm terrible with keeping in touch, you see. Anyway...

We were never in love or anything. And I hadn't decoded my feelings for him until it was far past the line of being too late.

Right off the bat I knew he was something. Not necessarily in a romantic way mind you, but I could definitely tell he was special. For the longest time my every thought revolved around him. It was as though he had seeped into my very being. As if he existed solely for me to please. He was the first person I disclosed my comedic ambitions to. As fast as I could write new material I would test it on him. To this day a bit of that inspiration and the magically intoxicating high I'd get as I rushed to tell him a new joke or one-liner I had come up with still sets my heart a flutter each time I come up with something new.

We'd talk for hours. He was going through some rough times with his family, and I wanted so desperately to just hug him and tell him that everything would be fine. Obviously I didn't take that chance when I had it...

I still think of him from time to time. We lost touch ages ago. And someday I'll find a way to repay him for everything he gave to me. Without him I would still be lost. Right now he's quite happy and semi-successfully pursuing his goals. And he's more special now than ever. That magic he posesses will take him on and on for leagues in life. Hopefully in the future, if we ever meet again, I'll be able to thank him for everything that our friendship (and ultimately my infatuation with him) has tought me about life and friendship.

6. AlexisAnne

I'll bite. This seems like a fun thread. :slight_smile:

His name was Josh, and although I had come to terms with the fact that I was physically interested in guys some time before, he was the first guy that I actually fell for. I met him at work and there was just something beautiful about him. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a lean body. He was the first "specific" guy that I ever thought about sexually, but there was more to it than that. He was smart, a little shy, and sweet. We got along really well, but nothing ever came of it. Honestly, though I harbor suspicions, I'm not even sure he would have been into the idea. We didn't really see each other outside of work, but I thought about him a lot. Not just sexually, but romantically, and just the idea of spending time with him. I remember on occasion he would come to me for advice on life in general, and there was just something about seeing him vulnerable that endeared him more to me. Haven't seen him in probably about seven or eight years, but he still crosses my mind now and then.

Alright, next person!

7. HatterMad

Mine is to new...but...i do like talking about him.

And...i've been told to speak up and say more abuot myself here..
    So...

Lsat year, just after my 13th birthday I ran away for the second time.

I ended up in a really scary place in a big city in the rain. As I rememmbar...i had a bloody nose too.

He was a couple years older than me, and really cute, with longish messy brown-red hair, and freckles and...I don't rememmber if he was the only one on the street,. lol there mite have been others and I jest dint' notice...but i know he came rite at me...and was asking the normal "hey kid are you ok" stuff... And he was trying to convince me to go with him....liek i'm going to trust the first guy who walks up to me...:dry:

I did.

BUT...it took awhiel, and what finally convinced me was that he threw out the reason why he was on the streets. Still scary to go to sum strange guy's place and have him padlock you IN (not safe part of town, we'd unlock the door from the outside, then lock it from the inside).

His name was Andrew and we stayed together for like 2 1/2 months.

And when I say....
    I met a boy who saw something good in me when everything around me was crap and I wasen't a very good person...and now I want to BE that good and live up to that....

He's the boy.

8. Pat

Pat

That was worth reading :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That was nice! :thumbsup:

9. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right here goes. I was 17 on a holiday with family in Spain. There was a really cute guy barman in a bar we went to on most nights of the holiday. He was seriously a 10/10, he was amazing. I actually think he was gay as well. I got really drunk and said I didn't wanna go back to my hotel, I wanted to go back to his appartment (although I didn't directly say I was gay.) He clearly didn't feel the same about me, I think he was around 23 so who could blame him. He told me that he didn't have any room in his appartment and to go back to the hotel with my family. I saw him again over the remainder of the holiday and was devastated when we returned home. I was actually thinking about saving my money and moving to Spain to go and find him. I never did go back though and will occasionally wonder where he is and what he's doing now

10. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

At my former varsity there was a guy who I became friends with. I don't remember how exactly though. One day we greeted each other the next week we were really good friends, it happened so quick. Certain things led me to think he was gay/bi but I never said anything. Anyways, I since left that varsity. He still calls me on occasion and I call him too sometimes, we last spoke 2 days ago. I feel as if he's waiting for me to initiate something.

11. Melissa

Her name was Alicia. She was my first true crush. I met her the summer before high school. She had long dirty blond hair, beautiful blues eyes, and an adorable Southern accent. We lived in the same apartment complex. She loved the outdoors and was always dragging me out on exploration trips to the nearby creek. One day we were jumping on the large rocks to cross the creek and I slipped and fell in. I got all dirty and starting freaking out that my mom would be furious. She took me back to her apartment and helped me clean up. She then made lunch for us and we cuddled on the floor in front of the TV for the rest of the afternoon. I was oblivious to my sexuality at this point (late bloomer) but being with her always felt right. The beginning of sophomore year she moved away and we lost contact. I miss her laugh and her spirit of adventure.

12. King

King Guest

I think he's my first crush, but maybe he isn't, maybe I'm imagining the feelings I have for him... I'm still trying to figure myself out. Regardless, he started working at my current place of employment - luckily I got to train him for a while, so we got to talk a bit. He was gorgeous - like, oh my god. My height or an inch taller (6'3/6'4) and like... thick. Muscular with a bit of fat? Anyways, physically he was my kind of guy. Like spot on.
    His voice was like. ugh it was awesome just listening to him talk. AND HIS LAUGH. And the cologne he wore. My god I sound so creepy. Anyways, he was like... perfect. Every time we worked together, I'd try to talk to him as much as possible and it was just splendid - we got along so that was a plus, we weren't like besties but we could have a decent conversation.
    And then he asked me about job abandonment, and I told him we've had people do it before but it's stupid and they should balls-up and just quit properly.
    Aaaaand then he stopped showing up for his shifts, and didn't call in. So he officially doesn't work with me anymore.

I feel creepy. I don't even know if what I felt for him was a proper crush or what... Maybe I'm just jealous of him. If he wanted to date I would've, but I've managed to survive without him.

13. xXPsychedelicXx

My last boyfriend. We dated for a year. He was my first everything, and for a long time, we were perfect together. Eventually, I called it off, because I was unhappy. But 10 months later, I still miss him... and I wonder what would happen if we gave things another try. We won't, though. He's moved on. When I first heard "The One That Got Away", I immediately thought of him. I miss his smile, his laugh, his eyes, and all the fun we had together. I miss us.

14. I was the one who got away...sort of.

I was supposed to go to college halfway across the state, but that fell through due to financial issues. I was crushed, because I had planned on going to college away from my hometown since 10th grade and I had already graduated with my Associates degree, paid the deposit on my room and was fully accepted into said college. I became a bit of a introvert and cut my self off emotionally from a lot of people. My bf and I broke up before I learned I couldn't go, because we thought it would be easier; and we stayed away for 7 months. In those 7 months, I got over not going to the college I wanted and got back in connect with him.

We've decided to give it another chance, but we are taking it one day at a time.

15. Pat

Pat

Lol awww I know what you mean dude. Well, my guy was short. Much shorter than me lol most people are. I think he's like 5'6 or so. Not sure. But the abercrombie cologne, every time I pass that damn store I starting thinking about him haha.

16. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was this one guy, who I still think about alot. We went to this trip together, we were in the debate team, so it was a debate competition. He´s extremley handsome. I am not out yet, so that was a huge problem, he has had girlfriends, but some people say he´s bi. Well the first day, when we were unpacking and stuff, we started talking and he said he wanted to know me better, so he started asking random questions, and one of them was: do you like girls, guys or both? I didn´answer to that question, but I wanted to so bad.

Then things started getting interesting. The next day when we were getting ready to go to the debate, he looked at me and told me I looked very handsome, I just laughed, and he siad, no really you do. Then in the opening cveremony he suddenly took my hand, I just felt it from behind how he took it gentley. I didn´t know if he was kidding aroun, but I definitley enjoyed it :slight_smile: But he did it again later. That night we got drunk, and when we were back at the room, he kissed me in the forehead and said he loved me, but he was very drunk, so I just ignored it.... I know....

The thing is nothing happened in the end. I remeber that when the weekend was over my plane left earlier than his, so I had to wake up earlier, but he woke up and helped me pack my stuff and waited with me, and when the taxi go there we said goodbye, and he gave me a hug. This hug has been the best hug I´ve ever had, it lasted alot and it wasn´t just a simple meaningless hug, I actually felt it, and it seemed that he did too, he told me not to forget this weekend, and to see each other again when we got back. Im still hunted by that hug. And then I left, and have not talked to him since then, because we have no classes together, so I haven´t seen him alot. I actually think of him when The one that got away plays in the radio :frowning2:

17. Pat

Pat

What the HELL is wrong with you? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. He liked you silly goose! Ugh lol. Did you at least exchange contact info?

18. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine is pretty recent. So this girl used to be my best friend and all. We were best friends since the third time we seen each other in February and we didn't know about each other's sexualities at all. In March, we had a sleepover and we held hands a little. Sometime in June, she accidently found out my sexuality and a few weeks later I found out hers, we are both bi. Nothing else really happened until September when we were hanging out, our parents in the living room and we were hanging out in the room, cuddling, holding hands, and oh my god, it was amazing. We went outside and sat on the porch swing and we were talking and she asked me, "Do you think we are in a relationship?" And I sat there for a second and I said, "I don't know..." and we kept talking. I've regretted my decision ever since because I wanted so badly to say yes but I couldn't because I was so scared. I guess she is the one that got away and I would change that part but last I've heard was that she has a boyfriend...

19. Emberstone

he hosts anderson cooper 360...

20. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes, Im actually friends with him, but once we were back to normal everyday life it has been different :frowning2: