1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School !

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Olivier, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Olivier

I HATE school, I am thinking about dropping out. What do you guys think? Keep in mind my parents want me to as well (so i'll be happier) and school isn't important in what I want to do with my life. What's your opinions ? (&&&)

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2012 at 04:03 PM ----------

#1 Olivier, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Pain

Pain Guest

What is it you're trying to do? What are the benefits to dropping out, in your case, as opposed to staying in? Is it costing your parents money? Is there a serious reason why you feel you must drop out, and why they think so too?

3. Olivier

Well it would benefit me because i would be so much happier ! Its kind of a waste of my parents money to be at a place i hate so much a dread going to each day..My parents and I want for me to drop out for the same reason, i hate it, they can see i hate it and they want me to do what will make me happy. They know what goes down at school with the other boys, they dont like seeing their son sad

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Are you going to a private school right now? I think you should do some research and find a more positive environment. Any safer spaces in your area?

One of my best friends dropped out of school basically because it was destroying his creativity, and he was able to finish his equivalent at a community college. He said it was one of the most positive experiences he's had. Could you do something similar?

#4 Pret Allez, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  5. Olivier

Oh that could be good! And yes I go to a catholic private school :/ thanks for ur help androgynous model! Lol

6. reds123

reds123 Guest

i think that you shouldn't drop out of school, that one of the very important things in life and a good experience that maybe later you'll regret! so just try to find a way to enjoy it! there must be something in there that you like or are interested in

7. FishMan27

Yeah, I'd say don't drop out if you can help it. Is it a private Catholic high school or college? If it's high school, I'd say it's definitely important that you finish up your education, even if it means transferring schools. If it's college, maybe do as is mentioned above and find a community college where you can finish up in a couple years. Or, if you think transferring colleges would help and you could finish your degree, that's a possibility, too,

I guess I'm not sure what you plan on doing for a career, but it's certainly a lot easier to get a job with a good education.

8. prism

School is important, whether you think it is or not. Despite what you want to do in life, future employers will still have minimum schooling requirements.

If you're worried about money, transfer to a public school. I found that I was much happier in a public school/university that my prior private school. If you drop out, you'll slam a billion doors of opportunity shut before you even see them.

Stay in school.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should consider just dropping out of that school and attending another instead. Dropping out of school completely is not a good idea. It's really hard to get a job nowadays unless you have at least a high school degree.

If your in college, I would transfer schools. I'm sure that there is someplace out there that will offer what you want to study and be someplace that you enjoy going to and learning.

10. Pat

Pat

As a masculine guy, at 6'3 lol.. I've actually never come across a guy that I feared exactly. My first thought would be to kick his ass. There's nothing more embarrassing then getting your ass beaten by a faggot. lol.

11. Pat

Pat

ugh, I'm having a hard time posting today or it's really just putting my stuff in the wrong place lol. To answer THIS thread. I would say you have to find out what you don't like about school. If the conclusion is other people, then you need to really evaluate why you're there. It's to learn and it's very necessary in today's world. Let me tell ya, there's nothing like comparing yourself to your high school friends after graduating. You don't want to be the one in the drive thru window when they come by. At least I don't. I'm very competitive about success. Figure out something you want to do and find out the requirements for doing it. That will at least give you focus in school about what classes to take.

12. Tiny Catastrophe

I dropped out in the middle of my senior year of high school and I thought I was happier but it's almost 3 years later and I wish I stuck it out or made it work somehow. So if you're referring to dropping out of high school don't do it. Try transferring to a different school but don't drop out. You'll regret it. I did and still do.