1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving from small town to huge town.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NateDawg, Oct 14, 2012.

1. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys. I am starting to get a bit nervous about moving in December. My boyfriend and I are moving from a population of about 8,000-10,000 to well over 100,000. It is for the best as i am going to college up there, but it is a huge move for me. I'm scared because for one I do not have many friends to begin with and what friends I do have I am leaving. It is just hitting me hard because, y boyfriend can make friends like no other, but I just seem to not attract anyone. If I do happen to attract any type of friend it ends up being a female. I do not have anything against females don't get me wrong, but I would like to have male friends too. I am just at a loss I guess.

2. Olivier

U will make heaps of friends ! Don't be scared be excited!!! There r way more people and therefore way more people LIKE YOU!!! It really doesn't matter what friends u attract boys or girls but I'd u want guy friends u will find guys like you who r nice and who like u! Just be urself, be kind, be funny, be interesting and be confident!!!!:slight_smile: confidence is the key:slight_smile: u will be fine, seriously, I live in a big city and it's great:slight_smile: more open minded people:slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing that helps a lot is going to college. I can tell you from my own experience that it can be a challenge to start college 2nd semester and make lots of friends, because by that time, many people have already sort of found their friend groups. But... there are lots of student activities, groups, clubs which can be great places to meet people and make friends. And come next fall, when all the new students are arriving... that's when everyone on campus is excited and open about making new friendships, and it's really, really easy.

I've lived in towns smaller than yours, and in pretty large cities. It's all about what you make of it. In the hugest cities, there are neighborhoods, community activities, and groups... just a lot more options than you'd find in a small town. I know it's a little hard to stretch yourself and get out there and go do things... but it's actually much easier, once you jump into it, than you might suspect at first.

4. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess. I've just never been the type of person that has heaps of friends. I mean, right now in the town that I do live in Most of the friends that I have are girls. It's not that I'm afraid of just having female friends. I just want guy friends too. I do plan on joining the LGBT community down in Springfield and hopefully that'll help me out a bit. It's just all so nervewracking. lol