1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guys thoughts on lesbian relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kikudog6, Oct 14, 2012.

1. kikudog6

So I was wondering how gay guys feel about two girls dating, because the other day I was hanging out with two of my friends (one straight, one gay) and I don't remember how it was brought up, but my gay guy friend said

"Hey you should just be straight"

and I was like "whaaa??"

then he said "Yea two girls together just don't work."

and I couldn't tell if was joking or not, so I jokingly said that he was biased because he likes that stuff down under XD

So yeah, he probably was joking, but I just want to know I other gays feel about the opposite sex dating (lesbians included)

just curious!

2. SkyDiver

Uhh, I think every single one of us is going to agree that there's absolutely nothing wrong with lesbian relationships. :lol:

I find that very hypocritical for a gay guy to say that. Love is love, and it's beautiful!

3. Dalmatian

Hah, what's not to love about lesbians? :grin: Lesbian relationships of any kind are THE most acceptible form of human sexual relationship to me :grin: I mean, look at it:
    1. lesbians are sexually utterly uninteresting to me (because they are female)
    2. lesbians are sexually utterly uninterested in people I might like (as those are male)
    3. lesbians fight for the same rights I want for myself

So, these are people who won't leave me heart broken, whose heart I can't break :grin:, who I will never hate for dating my crush and who are militant about my rights to date guys!

Thumbs up for ♀♀ relationships :slight_smile:

Though, not having a lot in common, we might not be very close friends. Oh well.

And of course, the notion that it "just doesn't work" is pure ignorance.

#3 Dalmatian, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  4. MichaelB

I would think everyone here would say that lesbian relationships are no different from hetrosexual/gay ones.

T'is all equal :slight_smile:

5. Lewis

I'd rather be female and a lesbian, than a guy that is gay. Not sure why, I just see a lot more loving relationships between two women. I really have no idea why your friend thinks that lesbian relationships don't work.

I also get along with lesbians a lot more, not sure why, but I do.

6. CTJ

CTJ

I'm gonna be honest, i look at lesbians the way i look at straight couples. I find it bizarre to the point of curiosity, i can see a girl and think she's attractive but in my mind to have a relationship with one is just so alien. If i see a lesbian couple, i firstly think 'thats adorable', then my mind starts going crazy wondering how it would feel to actually be attracted to women.

7. Pat

Pat

I've actually never known a lesbian personally. And I don't really give much thought to it. I can be effeminate at times also. So I don't really recognize women. The ones who are tom boys stand out because I think they are awesome. Lol. I can relate I guess.

8. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a close gay guy friend and he's totally accepting/supportive/cool about lesbians and lesbian relationships. I don't see any reason for gay men to be anything but accepting of us.

9. Pat

Pat

When I do think about it, I say.. how can you NOT.. like the penis lolol. But yeah, I don't look down on it or anything. that would be contradictory to what we're fighting for equality wise.

10. burg

i know its a little off topic but saw a fuckin cool bumper sticker yesterday (lesbianism why settle for less)

11. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yeah, well when I think about gay men, I wonder how they can NOT like all the beauties of a woman. So same thing there haha. But yes, it's already enough of a struggle fighting for equality; we don't need to have any discrimination/hate within our own community.

12. NordicSpirit

From what I've heard, gay men treating lesbians like crap is really common, at least where I live. I haven't experienced it personally because I'm not involved in the gay scene yet, but I've heard all about it. :frowning2:

13. Friendly ghost

personally, the relationships I have with lesbians are some of the best. They are strange in dynamic. There is no sexual attraction from either end, no competition, no awkwardness from ever talking way out of the norm, and theres usually always a level of tolerance involved. It's a genuine relationship without problems. I haven't understood why we seem to be somewhat divided.

That was way off topic. I love seeing gay couples, of any gender, together, especially in public. So I love when my friends have dates. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, lol.

14. I don't know if bisexual guys count but in my opinion....

[​IMG]

15. Friendly ghost

I know a lot of gay guys who don't know any lesbians. You really have to be in queer, but gender neutral areas to meet them. lol. It's pretty funny to think about the reason why.

16. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Seconded!

17. starfish

This would be a good time for a geography joke, but everything I can come up with feels forced and contrived.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I don't see why there should be any hostility between gay guys and lesbians. I mean, sure there will be some lack of understanding, just as there are between straight people and LGBTQ people in general. But of course lesbians and gay guys both go through the same experiences of realizing they're different and facing all the hostility that comes from a homophobic society. It seems like too many Ls, Gs, Bs, Ts, and Qs are always looking to attack each other

Maybe he just meant it literally that he doesn't understand how it works with two girls...? I have to say I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not entirely sure exactly how lesbian women have sex, though obviously they know how to make it 'work'. :icon_redf

19. Exactly, it's how hypocritical when some people of an oppressed group hate on another. I was reading "Maus" a comic book novel of a holocaust survivor. In the book, the father who was the survivor displayed racist attitudes against African Americans. And even today, there are even some African-Americans who hate gays.

Even in the gay community, I see gays hating bisexuals and transgendered, bisexuals hating pansexuals, pansexuals hating bisexuals, and list goes on.

Whether white, black, gay, straight, Jewish, gentile or whatever this human race needs to stop the hate! :bang:

#19 wonderingdave01, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  20. IllusiveRannoch

everyone else beat me to it, but i think they're more or less the same as any other relationships.