1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Back at People

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Oct 14, 2012.

1. jaysuss

i've been thinking that once I fully come out if I should get back at all the people who have pissed me off or bullied me. I know that it may not be the smartest decision but i do know it could be pretty fun. I'm wondering what your views are on if I should follow through or if I shouldn't. :help:

2. starfish

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

--Buddha

I think I've told this story here before. When I was in middle school I confided in a friend that I thought I might be gay. Well he told someone and it spread like wildfire. I caught flak about it for the next 6 years. I held onto that anger for the longest times.

I told my self I won't be gay, I won't let those bastards be right.

The only person I hurt was my self. I should have let go of that anger and lived my life. I would have been much happier.

#2 starfish, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. Lad123

Mmm I don't think its a good idea. Bullies like to pick on people to make themselves feel better because their own lives are simply rubbish and depressing. Taking revenge sort of brings your level down to theirs so thats pretty low :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just be the better person by walking away and refusing to acknowledge that they affected you.

How serious do you mean by getting back at people by the way?

---------- Post added 14th Oct 2012 at 10:07 PM ----------

I like that quote ^^

4. jaysuss

I think just getting back at them publicly for awhile like eye dropping their drinks or something like that.

5. Lad123

Definately not then! Its potentially harmful even though its meant to be a prank.

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Even though two wrongs don't make a right- it is definitely satisfying to get your revenge on the people who've wronged you. Just be careful for just how far you're willing to go. I've gotten into a lot of trouble in the past for overstepping other people's boundaries.:bang:

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing that helps is to realize the people who bully are, themselves, very unhappy people, who need to make others feel shitty to try and improve their own lot in life.

If you carry yourself with integrity and try and find compassion for people that are ignorant, bigoted, -- or, as is often the case, closeted themselves -- you'll end up being a lot happier. Not saying it's always possible, I think we all feel the need for revenge at times... but it's a good goal to work for in trying to get away from that mindset.

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting back at people by doing things to hurt them is not a good way to go. In my opinion if you want to truly get back at someone, you should do it by showing them how awesome you are in spite of what they might have said to you. So keep being yourself and don't stoop to their level. You would also be better off by trying to educate them, rather than hating on their ignorance.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think the same way that you do.. If somebody hurt me, they would have something coming to them from me later.

I realized that doing this was not making me feel any better. If anything, it was making me feel worse. I felt that I was going to their level to get back to them.