1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faking it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GirlNextDoor, Oct 14, 2012.

1. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

This is going to be sort of a rant, fair warning~

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I really find this annoying: when heterosexual people pretend to be homosexual.
    People like this are all over my school... It's kind of backwards logic, but I think it's insulting and stupid.
    Is this a problem with anyone else?
    I don't even know why people do that kind of thing. Do they want attention? Do they think that being gay is a badge of honor or something?
    I think that they're doing it to stand out. I wish they would find another way to do it.

Bi people at my school get a really bad rap because of them. I hear people talking about real bisexuals being "dirty sex-crazed sluts who can't make up their minds."
    They're probably talking about me behind my back, too.

I know I shouldn't be judgmental and stuff, but... just... gah. People.

2. Luke Matt

They probably don't even realize what they're doing may be offensive to people who actually identify as LGBT. I understand what you mean though.

What annoys me more is that, in order to 'act gay' (I'm talking about guys), they adopt some camp, effeminate persona as if implying all gay men are like that, which couldn't be fuuuuuuurther from the truth.

Unfortunately, it's people like that which feed the media-induced stereotype/generalization.

3. channel48

I know exactly what you're talking about. I hate those girls that kiss girls because they think it looks hot to guys. I found that girls pretend to be homosexually more than guys do because they think that guys think it's hot.

I find it super insulting because being gay isn't always fun it's sometimes really hard. It's not a badge of honor. I mean I'm proud but not everybody else is.

Exactly I want to come out at school, but I know some people will say that I'm faking for attention but yeah I know what you mean.

4. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

Thank you! ;-; I thought I was the only one...

5. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    This just seems counter productive. I can understand faking being bi to get attention, because then you're still saying you're actually attracted to people you actually are. Even then, I'd imagine it's pretty annoying for the kids who are actually gay/bi.

If you wanted to get attention at my high school, you got pregnant. Girls would take their babies everywhere and show them off like they're trophies, instead of showing that they made some stupid mistakes. Why everyone is desperate for attention is beyond me. I blame celebrities and the kids' parents.

6. aeva

I don't think I've ever heard of anybody falsely claiming to be gay...that doesn't make any sense.

I HAVE seen tons of girls making out with other girls for the attention of men. To be quite honest, I've been a part of it, because at the time I was in the closet and willing to go along with it if it meant I got to kiss a girl. I've even been with legitimately bi girls that would be mildly affectionate when we were alone, but suddenly be all over me in the presence of a guy (which really drove me crazy).

I'd love to go up to those girls in other bars who are obviously looking for male attention, and start hitting on them like crazy, terrifying the life out of them. Of course, then I'd need to actually be able to talk to girls...damn.

I think it does make things incredibly tough for legitimate bisexuals, because so many people don't believe that their sexuality is valid or even real, because so many girls fake it.

7. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I'm not in rage because that particular issue has not affected me directly, but I agree is annoying.

The fact is, people tend to always look up for the "fashion" tings, I mean, always lok up for what is most popular at the moment, and that is for one reason only: security.

People think (even if not conciuosly) that being like others will warrant acceptance, and thus, security.

In the particular case of people faking to be homosexual or bisexual, there are various motives. For girls it may be what's already been said.

For guys, it can be that: "gay" is discriminated, people who think of themselves as "good people" now critize people who discriminates gay (because defending others is a good thing to do). Straight peole will think "Hey, I want that kind of protection too". You get the drill.

Of course, we may be talking about people who will stick a freaking horn on the forehead if unicorns were the top thing right now.

8. TheUndiscovered

My friends do this all the time. "Oh, hey sexy." "Oh, hey cutie." and they can get vulgar and very sexual about it. I guess it's to be funny and because they think all we want to do ever at any given time is have sex.