1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prejudices. (vent)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheUndiscovered, Oct 15, 2012.

1. TheUndiscovered

So I recently came out to my friend..Well, it's been about 3 months I guess. He didn't have a problem with it but I've slowly began to feel, if you will, negative energy when I'm around him. By that I mean he's putting off bad vibes. More than often I will hear him say things like "God hates fags." or "Well, at least I'm not gay." or other gay related prejudice terms. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with this. I hear it all the time, everyone says it but to me whenever someone knows you're gay and still says it to you it starts to feel a little bit more like that person is trying to offend you. I've also started to notice him distancing himself from me and being a bit more rude whenever I text him or try to talk to him at school.

I guess I'm just tired of this..I don't like hiding a unnecessary secret because I very much believe in order to change the world you must speak up..Something I'm not doing. I'm so fed up with living in a society where people will literally judge you on anything as long as you're the minority. I have been teased about my red hair, my slightly large belly, and my lack of religion. I used to think that religion was a big opponent with the LGBT community but now I realize it's nothing but ammunition. If there was something in the bible or any other book about red heads being cursed demon people then people would further that notion. I realize that red heads don't get it as bad as gays might or maybe other groups but it's just the plain fact that if you're a red head you have a chance of being made fun of simply because your genetic code is different. Being mocked for having red hair isn't even really what gets to me but the fact that having red hair is even slightly thought of as weird or something that makes you "something lesser". Same thing for darker skinned people. Who gives a shit? African Americans don't get it as much as they used to but it still happens and people from places like India are even being targeted (in my school at least) and being accused of being terrorists even though they aren't even close to that origin. Even if someone was Iranian or whatever it shouldn't matter.

2. I feel your pain. But why did he say "God hates fags"?

Was he joking or something?

3. TheUndiscovered

I don't know. To piss me off, probably. He doesn't even believe in God.

4. Oh, same thing happened to a straight guy I had a crush on. He wasn't homophobic and he supposedly didn't know I was bisexual. But he would say a lot of weird homophobic stuff like calling everything move I make "gay", calling me a "f*ggot", saying stuff like "I don't understand gays don't like p*ssy."