1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair advice/tips

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jasonaw2, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jasonaw2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay so I want hair that looks like this (Photo on the left). But my hair is rather curly/wavy/ thickish. I was thinking about relaxing it but I am worried about the chemicals in it and if it will damage my hair. My hair is the photo on the right. I was wondering if there was a way to get the look I want while not adding relaxers to my hair. If I need to relax my hair I would like to know what kind is the best and safest to use. Don't make fun of my hair -_-

Attached Files:

2. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

your hair is totally cute. :wink:
    Maybe just a little dab of gel in the front and cool dry it with a hair dryer and a brush after you shower. Also keep it simple when treating it.

3. silentdr3am3r

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You'd definitely have to grow out your hair. Believe me, your actual hair has to be longer than what it appears to look like on pictures. You could try using a hair straightener if you really want a straight look, but I think you can definitely play of the waviness of your hair naturally. I would just use a hair dryer at top heat and top speed. Make sure to take care of your hair though by conditioning every time you shower and even buying a heat protector spray. When you get out of the shower, towel dry, put some hair product in your hair (I would say something pliable with a strong hold like fibre or medium gloss wax) and blow dry your hair from back to front and down. You can use a rounded bristle brush (not the plastic, but the one that looks like thick bristles) and curve the front of your hair upwards and blow dry only the front. Don't over blow dry it though or else your hair will end up looking spiky as suppose to the deconstructed look. When you get the general shape you want, get a small amount of hair product and take chunks of the front of your hair and twist them. Do this to a couple of different chunks to get separation. Then if you want, depending on humidity of the day, spray some hair spray on your finished look to keep it held for a good amount of time.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

4. Luke Matt

I had a phase where I used product in my hair, but those days are long gone :astonished: I kind of like the whole messy/out of control look. XD

5. Olivier

Judging by ur photo to get that hair u need to really grow ur hair out, get it relaxed (chemicals these days are natural healthier products, they used to damage hair not anymore) and then make sure u just trial a lot of different hair products to see what works!

6. Flow

Grow your hair out, get it thinned and either get it relaxed/straightened. Gel is one of the worst products imaginable. It leaves this unnatural shine to your hair and it doesn't hold well. Styling clay/hair wax is what you want to use to achieve the hair style you want. Personally I use a japanese brand of hair wax called Gatsby. It's amazing, plus most of the wax series smells like green apple! Good luck!

7. Lewis

You're gonna have to grow your fringe out like the others have said, but you may also want to take that photo to a hair stylist and get it styled a little too. Other areas of your hair are going to need to be cut so accentuate your fringe.