1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What an odd thing to see in an r.e classroom....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

[​IMG]

o.0

[​IMG]

and this is in a catholic school lol liek wtf !?!?

Btw thats not me in the above picture, its my friend (but you should know what i look like by now :wink:)

I don't think he realized he was saluting a gay pride flag lolz

2. Psychedelic Bookmarks

lol was the rainbow-ness not spotted by ur teacher?

3. Jeimuzu

Hahaha, yeah, don't think he quite spotted the significance of the flag!

In all honest, I bet the teacher didn't either. They'll have seen the make poverty history, and put it up. That's why it's still up. Don't mention it, or it'll get taken down.

Actually, apparently my first year RE teacher got fired for temporarily thinking he was God, and basically ordering the students about. Doubt it's true, but I'd really like to believe it :wink:

Gawd, I hated that man. Actually, I hated all of our RE teachers. They were all vindictive self-righteous pompous arrogant swines. The nicer teachers taught English, the dull ones taught Geography or History, the weird ones taught PE, the incompetent ones taught IT, and Maths had a mixed bag of all of them.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

We had a polish substitute teacher soooo..... yeah thats pretty self explanatory......

I wonder what my real r.e teacher will say when she gets back o.0

5. TriBi

Well - let me think back...

My English teacher was dull, Science teacher was a sadist, I had 2 history teachers, one of whom was an incompetent, the other was a vindictive asshole, the Woodwork teacher was a drunk and the Geography teacher was the best I ever had...and the rest were pretty unmemorable.

Oh - and there was no such thing as an "IT teacher" back then, LOL (yes - I know - I'm ancient.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

The main reason the Geography teacher was so good was that he had the knack of making his subject interesting and his lessons very involving and interactive. Oh - he also had some interesting methods of discipline...which, unlike the Science teacher, didn't involve whacking you hard with a rubber hose (yes - I said it was a long time ago...). He could instantly get someone to pay attention - his method was, from the front of the classroom, to (very accurately) lob a chalk filled blackboard eraser on to your desk in front of you. Believe me, when you disappeared into a cloud of chalk dust, with everyone else in class laughing their head off, you very quickly stopped yabbering away to the person next to you. :icon_redf His other trick, if you played up, was to make you stand on your desk to continue the lesson. Very ingenious - and very effective.

Interesting thing was - he was probably one of the most popular, highly respected (and best) teachers in the school, wasn't married - and I always suspected he was gay.

6. dictionary

Not all re teachers are extreemly religious or belive in everything the pope says is correct...not saying they cant belive that...

7. CrimsonThunder

Theres no reason to take it down and because its a rainbow would be a stupid reason.

Not every person/school is retarded and some support gays. My school was like that.

All my teachers rocked too my favorite was my old science teacher he was a crack up all the time! He died though. :frowning2:

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Love the flag! :slight_smile:

Like TriBi....I'm so old I have to pick my brain. I remember my geography teacher was boring and always had this white spit hanging from his teeth. What was with that? Yuck, it used to gross us out. My science/biology teacher was alot of fun. I had a huge crush on one of my teachers, such a huge crush that I can't even remember what he taught. :roflmao: I know I did a report on child abuse in there and got an A++. He told my best friend to go to college and get a career. He told me to get married and have babies. I had two fantastic business/typing teachers. One of them was Asian and very funny. I could out type everybody in my class. Everyone would refuse to go up against me so I would challenge him and beat him too. The other was from the South and had a strong Southern accent. She loved me and ended up being my next door neighbor after I got married until she passed away. Mostly I had good teachers. I only had a couple that I despised.

9. ethene

What do you mean?? :tantrum:

10. Alexander

11. Ty

Ty Guest

Well her english was terrible and she didn't seem to have a clue what lesson she was covering. Everyone was just talking

I said she was a substitute, not our full time teacher. Our full time teacher handed out leaflets once about celibacy (right word?) for priests and any 'others' who might be interested in it =/ it had a whole page about homosexuality and how to avoid gay sex.

12. ethene

What so 'anti-gay' you saw in Poland that it made you think it was the most anti-gay place??

I hope that by saying 'self-explanatory' you don't mean that Polish people can't speak English.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I think by "self explanatory" he is referring to her being a "substitute teacher" (who in my experience were almost always useless) rather than anything to with her nationality.

I'll have to try to remember some of my teachers now, though most of that is lost in the cloudy back of my memory somewhere.

14. Alexander

Not the most anti-gay place I've ever been, just one of them. I don't have anything against poland/polish people (being one myself), but I do have a problem with people getting strange looks on the street and being called names for being two guys going down the street together...

15. Ty

Ty Guest

Well your completely getting what Im saying wrong. Please show me where I said that Polish people cannot speak english properly? I said HER (singular!!!) English was terrible!

Now, no more of that.

Back to topic plz!

16. Ty

Ty Guest

And yes, I could go on for my array of useless subsitute teachers :grin: If a teachers ill, it'd proberly be more productive to have a free period ^_^

17. ethene

Now your English is not proper :icon_wink

18. Connor

Connor Guest

I know I'm going massively off topic, but I don't think pointing out where Ty didn't capitalise something is a mature way to deal with this. If you have a problem, just send a PM to the member in question so you don't clutter up threads with spam - if you have something relevant to say which is not a correction of proper nouns that is. :slight_smile:

#18 Connor, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008
  19. ethene

the *wink* at the end of the sentence indicates it was just a joke!!!

20. Jeimuzu

Substitute teachers rock! I shall not hear a word against them.

<reminisce>
    My old English teacher for GCSE took us for six months, had the whole class fail two pieces of coursework, and then stopped turning up. We had one supply teacher for eighteen months, who was brilliant! If he's not a full time head of English somewhere, there's something wrong with the world. He was incredible. We all started getting As and Bs, then he had us redo the first two pieces, which also improved massively. It was fantastic.

Another thing I liked about that man - besides his cuteness and intelligence - was the fact that he stuck around specifically for our class. He was south African, and as soon as we graduated, he moved back. He'd put off his own plans to make sure we had a consistent teacher and hence passed our course. What a fantastic guy.
    </reminisce>