1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many of You Legitimately Want To Adopt Kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Gen

Gen

I ask because I know that the majority of people really want the whole system of having biological children with their partners. There is nothing wrong with this of course. However, even as a child, I honestly never wanted biological children. I wanted children. I was just more interested in adoption, and oddly enough am almost off-put by the idea of having my own children.

Before I realized I wasnt going to be having a relationship with a women, I was often disappointed that my wife would probably want our 'own' children. So if anything, I feel that I am more comfortable with the 'homosexual household', than hetero.

So I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way? Or even has a similiar situation of wanting something different in regards to children than most.

#1 Gen, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. LailaForbidden

Its been a dream of mine for awhile :slight_smile:

3. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wouldn't mind adopting whether I fall in love with a man or a woman. They'd still be my kid no matter what.

4. Ticklish Fish

If the kid I am adopting it's past baby stage, I am fine... lol

5. jaysuss

I know i would not be a good father because I would only use the kid as a benchmark to see how well I could raise a child to my standards. So it is a good thing I do not want kids because I do not feel i would be a good parent.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd love to adopt a cute little boy one day when my future partner and I settle down. :love: I'm pretty sure I'd make an awesome Dad.

Surrogacy was never appealing to me.

7. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The whole question of 'Can I be a good parent?' aside, I would certainly be open to adoption. However, it isn't my preference, which makes me feel like a bad person.

8. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think raising a kid is for me, but who knows, ask me in 10 years and I could probably say yes.

9. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I have a double feeling where I both want biological kids and I also want to alleviate the problem of unwanted children. But there are more complications. I also have always felt (at least before EC) I should marry interracially if possible just to stick it to my racist parents. And since like 80% of the women in science, and those I would therefore meet, are Asian (let's be honest, I don't want to seem racist, but it's true), I figured I didn't need to adopt. But now I can't have biological kids (well, I can, but you know…), so I'm back to square one.
    Don't make fun of my lack of cogency when you read this.

10. castle walls

I could end up with either sex so I guess having biological children the more common way is not off the table for me. Even before I knew I was attracted to the same sex, I always wanted to adopt a child from foster care. Regardless to if I end up with a male or female, I want to adopt at least one child. I've always wanted (and still want) both biological and adopted children

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope. As I quest, I'd like to make contributions to the world, but none of those involve having children.

12. Kiazt

Kiazt Guest

So far, I have proven that I would be a horrible, horrible parent.
    If I can change that, though, I'd like to adopt a kid. The world already has enough people as it is, so I don't really see why I should add to that.

13. SFSorrow

I've never been bothered in the slightest about having kids, but I've always, even before I started to think I might not be straight, thought I'd prefer to adopt. There's too many people in the world already so I dont want to make the situation worse. I'd feel extremely guilty and selfish for creating a new person just for myself as they never asked me. There's too much potential pain and suffering in the world so I don't want to inflict that on somebody else, and if there's one lesson from history it's that civilizations don't last forever, and if I don't leave any descendents I don't hold any blame. That's the (possibly depressing) way I see it anyway. But by adopting I'd be helping to solve a problem.

But I still don't have any desire whatsoever for children.

14. Colours

I don't know how I feel about having kids if I happen to end up with a guy. Depends on what he thinks I guess. Adopting a child... I really don't know.

15. livinglifefree

Even if I end up with a man or woman, I plan on adopting a child. I would also like to have one of my own, but giving unwanted children a good home is more important to me.

16. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever since I was in 4th grade, I've wanted to adopt a child. I don't know but something about giving a child a home just sounds amazing. I mean I would get married first but I would totally adopt.

17. kem

kem

I'm not sure if I want children. But if I did I'd adopt an orphan instead of some sort of surrogate arrangement.

18. burg

i think not having kids has made me a popular uncle .but yea i would love to adopt .

19. aeva

I'm pretty sure I don't want to have kids. If I did, I'd much prefer having them myself. My mother died when I was a toddler, so I think that connection with a child would be really important to me.

20. Ruthven

I'd like to adopt one or more kids. :slight_smile: