1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you live in these states?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Feb 4, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California,Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, & Utah!

And are you 18? Then you need to vote TOMORROW!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Oh Becky ~ Why don't you go into politics :slight_smile: If I ever moved to the states, I think you'd be my presidential choice :wink:

3. Hydrogen

I'm registered in FL... but Tyler will vote, he is registered in AL.

4. KatoKumi

I have to wait about four more years.

5. Jeimuzu

Obama! Please!

I really like him. Not so convinced on Hillary. A mate of mine living in NYS says she's not fulfilled on promises, and from here it looks like she's the apathy vote.

It's why I honestly think people who don't have an opinion shouldn't vote. People who're famous win on apathy voting, which is why America has a governator - because everyone had heard of him, and hadn't heard of the others. They didn't look into his politics skills. His skills lie in lifting heavy things, and pretending to be a robot. Which is easy, I should point out.

6. otc877

otc877 Guest

I registered with no party affiliation, so I can't vote in the primary :-\

7. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Whats tomorrow?

8. Alabastair

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Super Tuesday, when 24 states have their primaries.

9. Nodnarb

I'm from Iowa, and since we're special and have already gone, I wouldn't be able to vote tomorrow even if I was 18.

I hope Obama wins....I just don't think Hilary is the right choice.

10. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm Uruguayan... if I was in the US, I wouldn't know who to vote for. I guess anything Democrat.

11. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

Agh, im not 18 until may:frowning2: but i would definitely be voting for Obama, although i dont have many qualms with Hilary either. I guess at this point I am really just impartial to either since I cannot change who will get the primary. All I know is that I will be voting democrat in november no matter which candidate is chosen :wink:

12. 24601

Although I'm not old enough to vote, I feel the need to mention two VERY IMPORTANT things.

In some states, you actually can vote. Everyone should check whether their state's primaries/caucuses are open or closed (or somewhere in between). Open means anyone can vote, regardless of party affiliation. Closed means only the particular party that the primary pertains to can vote. Some states have it where the party and independents can vote, or some such arrangement. So, before you throw all hope out the window, check and see!!

For you specifically, oct877, CA has one of those modified systems. Meaning, since you are unaffiliated, you can vote in the primaries (assuming both parties allow it, I'm not sure if they both do, but one must since it's listed as California's status). So go out and vote (maybe even twice!)

The second thing I wanted to say pertains to this: you CAN VOTE (at least, most places)! Generally, if you will be 18 BY THE TIME OF THE GENERAL ELECTION, you can vote in the primaries!

So, if you can vote and will be 18 by the general election, then go out and vote!! For those of us who can't :frowning2:

#12 24601, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  13. Im Independent so I can't vote in the primaries I don't think

14. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    President, no. Senator, YES! :roflmao:

15. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Senator Becky =]

16. jab429

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 18 and in Tennessee.
    Tomorrow will be my first time voting, and I don't know who I am going to vote for yet, lol.

17. otc877

otc877 Guest

I had just checked earlier today, I can vote for the Democratic primary, but not for the republican. The candidate I'm choosing for this election is on the republican side, and I cannot vote for him, so I am choosing to sit this primary out. Rest assured I will be voting in November.

18. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

Hilary hasn't fulfilled promises to her electorate? Um, that's wrong. That friend has no idea what he's talking about.

And everyone needs to vote, even if it's for someone they're not too sure of. Also, Arnold has about a 75% job approval rating of republicans in California, so does it matter that he was a govenator?

19. lostinthought9

ummm....im not too educated in politics, but y isnt louisiana on there----btw another question--i will turn 18 before the presidential election, can i still vote, or do i have to register soon??

20. Level N Human

I would have voted.. IF THEY HAD ACTUALLY SENT ME MY VOTING PACKAGE AND REGISTERED ME after I sent in TWO registration forms.